Today is game day! The Green Bay Packers are playing and I wanted to make my honey a little snack for the came. Enter this recipe! I came across this recipe on Lick the Bowl Good blog and immediately had to make it. I made a few adaptations to their adaptations.
Turkey Pepperoni Pizza Puffs: recipe adapted from Lick The Bowl Good, Every Day with Rachel Ray and Casey Craves . Even though it seems like a lot of adaptations, they are so good and i’m sure whatever you decide to use will work also 🙂
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup skim milk (I used skim instead of whole)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used reduced fat cheese)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat parmesan)
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni ( I used Turkey Pepperoni)
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce ( I used Pasta sauce I had in the pantry-Prego heart smart Ricotta)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!