Here is a recipe for amazing Veggie lasagna. Don’t be scared by all the ingredients-it’s well worth it and really easy once you get going! I love making this recipe with a bunch of different vegetables, so feel free to get creative and use your favorite veggies.
- Whole Grain Lasagna Noodles 13.25 oz box
- 1- 24 oz Jar Pasta Sauce I used Homestyle
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1.5 Cups Mozzarella reduced fat
- 30 oz Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- ½ onion
- 2 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz mushrooms
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 5 bowls for prepped ingredients/easy assembly
- Preheat oven to 350. Boil lasagna noodles according to directions to al dente. When noodles are done, run very cold water over them so they don't continue to cook and that they don't burn your hands when you're working with them.
- The easiest way to make lasagna is to have all the ingredients in bowls so that it is easy to assemble.
- While pasta is cooking, in a pan add 1 tbs olive oil, 1 garlic clove and your cut up broccoli and green pepper and ¼ onion, sauce for 5 minutes. When done, put in bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan saute 1 tbs olive oil, 1 garlic clove, mushrooms, zucchini and remaining onion. When done set aside in another bowl.
- In another bowl stir together egg, egg white, ricotta, parsley, Italian seasoning, chopped up green onion and parmesan cheese.
- In another bowl put the mozzarella cheese.
- In last bowl pour out pasta sauce and then when jar is empty, fill 1/2 full of water and add that to the red sauce and stir it all together. Lastly cut your tomatoes in nice fine slices for top of lasagna and set aside.
This is how to assemble your lasagna layer by layer (in the bottom of a large baking dish):
- Spoon/spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on bottom of pan
- Layer of noodles
- Next come your green peppers/broccoli
- Cover with layer spinach
- Layer with a spreading of pasta sauce and a sprinkling of mozzarella
- Place noodles on top
- Spread your entire ricotta/herb mix
- Add a layer of noodles
- Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Put zucchini and mushrooms down
- Add a layer of pasta sauce (you should use up all your sauce at this point)
- Add a layer of noodles
- Cover with remaining cheese
- Add the sliced tomatoes in rows along the top of noodles
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 min, until cheese is melted and brown around the edges
Here are pictures of the layers step by step