You’re going to fall in love with this weeks’ Five-Ingredient Friday: 5 ingredient skillet lasagna recipe. Super easy, super adaptable based on what you have on hand, and an easy meal the whole family will enjoy.
This 5 ingredient skillet lasagna recipe came from our “pantry project” – where we’re trying to use up random ingredients in our pantry. We came across a random half bag of lasagna noodles and I decided to use them in a ‘skillet lasagna’ recipe. It was such a great one pot meal, that we now make this with different ingredients/variations all the time!
The recipe is built on only 5 ingredients and leaves plenty of room for creativity:
- Lasagna noodles – you can use lasagna noodles, or any noodles (I have a friend who makes this and uses cheese ravioli!).
- Ground meat – you can use ground beef, ground turkey or I like to use Italian sausage, with the casings removed.
- Sauce – You can use a flavorful jarred pasta sauce like garlic and Italian herbs, or you can use diced tomatoes or a combination of diced tomatoes and leftover pizza sauce (what we do frequently because we’ll have just a little leftover).
- Cheese – I used fresh mozzarella, but you can also use any shredded cheese you’d like.
- Ricotta cheese – you could use cottage cheese or even Greek yogurt.
Lasagna is such a comforting family meal. But they tend to be a labor of love. For example, one of my favorite lasagna recipes is this summer roasted vegetable lasagna where you roast all the veggies, and then assemble the lasagna. In this skillet lasagna however, you’re bypassing all that oven time and are just making the lasagna in a skillet.
If you need a dinner for the family in a flash, this 5 ingredient skillet lasagna recipe is the perfect option.
5 Ingredient Skillet Lasagna
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb. Italian sausage casings removed, or ground beef/turkey
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese or shredded cheese
- Cook noodles according to packaging instructions.
- In a skillet cook meat, browning it, about 10 minutes.
- In the skillet pour in sauce, noodles and dollop in ricotta or cottage cheese. Sprinkle cheese on top and let melt, about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy