This week’s meal plan includes some of our favorite fall faves; from apple butter to comforting soups, you’ll find it all in our meal plan for this mid-October week!
Homemade iced maple latte
- Froth your own milk at home by shaking vigorously in a mason jar
- Check this recipe out for a Starbucks copycat
Sausage, squash, apple and corn sheet pan meal
- I use plain sausages in this recipe, but , but you can have a little fun and use flavored ones if that’s what you have!
- So you don’t have to spend time cutting butternut squash, you can buy it already pre-cut/frozen
- I like to use Fiji apples for this recipe because they are crisp and tart, but you can use whatever apple you’d like
Slow cooker apple butter
- Keep this recipe on hand at the holidays – perfect to have in your fridge for when guests are over for breakfast.
- apple butter doesn’t have any actual ‘butter’ in it, but it’s a thick butter like fruit spread.
- Try enjoying this recipe on a biscuit – Yum!
Eggless applesauce muffins with streusel topping
- A great recipe to prep ahead of time and store (even freeze) to eat anytime
- Check out the post for a way to make an egg substitute using flax. It’s super simple!
- You can easily make these muffins vegan by substituting margarine or a vegan butter for the butter in the streusel topping
Salad with candied nuts or seeds
- This is a great salad to serve for someone with nut allergies, because you can make it with candied pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or even sunflower seeds.
- You can candy the nuts or seeds on the stovetop (easily!) or buy them already candied
- There are all sorts of substitutions you can make if you don’t have all of the ingredients:
- If you don’t have pepitas at home, you can absolutely use pecans, or even walnuts or sunflower seeds. I would just suggest toasting them or candying them first. It really helps add some nice texture/crunch to the salad. You could use a combination of nuts/seeds.
- I used a pink lady apple in this salad, but you can substitute any apples you have on hand. If you have options, I would do my best to stick to something that is more tart, like granny smith.
- You could use dried cherries or raisins in place of dried cranberries
- Goat cheese is not everyone’s favorite, although I love it so much! If it’s not your thing, you can select another crumbly, soft cheese, like feta.
- I’m sharing an easy dressing recipe or you can purchase one if you prefer
Pork seasoning mix
- This seasoning mix can simply be put on your favorite cut of pork and thrown on the grill, bake it in the oven or even pan fry it. Or you could put this dry rub on a pork roast and throw it in the slow cooker.
- It’s a super simple mix of salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic salt, onion powder and secret seasoning. The brown sugar helps caramelize the meat when it comes into contact with heat. And that caramelization is so important to the flavor and it’s oh so yummy.
- You can scale this recipe to however much you need or want to store in your pantry
- Check out the recipe to see what the secret ingredient is!
- Store unused seasoning mix in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Leave a Reply