This sausage, squash, apple and corn sheet pan dinner recipe is one that I love to make on busy weeknights when I’m rushing around (which is every day, am I right!?) It’s super easy to put together and is ready in under 30 minutes, and bonus, it’s all made on one pan so clean up is easier!
When I’m running short on time, all I want to do for dinner is what will take the shortest amount of time. Sheet pan meals are ideal because you just put everything on a sheet pan and bake away. This sheet pan dinner is just that, and it has flavors everyone will love! My kids love the fruits and vegetables and pork sausage, each kid likes a different aspect of the meal. Frankie loves the corn, Ben loves the pork sausage, and Freddie likes the apples.
One of the best parts about this sheet pan dinner recipe is that you can use pre-cut or frozen vegetables as a shortcut, so all you have to do is open a bag and dump it on the pan! Not having to chop everything is a major time saver. Also, if you want an easy way to cut apples, I like to use this slicer and corer.
Whenever I’m talking about sheet pans, I mention how much I love the William-Sonoma gold touch sheet pans. Earlier this year I finally threw out my rusty old sheet pans and bought a few of them.
What ingredients do you need to make this easy sausage sheet pan dinner recipe?
- Pork sausages – I use plain sausages, but you can have a little fun and use flavored ones if that’s what you have!
- Butternut squash – I like to buy pre-cut squash because it saves tons of time. You could, of course, use a fresh squash and peel/seed/cube it.
- Onion – use a roughly chopped yellow onion for this recipe.
- EVOO – Always adding a touch of extra virgin olive oil.
- Kosher salt – even just a touch of salt helps elevate flavors in a dish like this.
- Fiji apples – I like using a Fiji apple because they are crisp and tart, other types of apples work well too.
- Corn – you can use a bag of frozen corn or 2 cups of fresh corn, cut off the cob.
I love making this sausage, squash, apple and corn sheet pan dinner recipe that everyone loves. Making a sheet pan dinner is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table with minimal effort! And, if you’re looking for more inspiration on sheet pan dinners, you might enjoy this one pan recipes roundup.
Sausage, Squash, Apple and Corn Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 lb butternut squash 1 (16 oz) bag or or one small to medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 medium-large Fiji apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 ears corn cooked/sliced (or 2 cups frozen corn or 1 bag frozen corn)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pork sausages on one side of sheet pan, butternut squash and onion on the other side of the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add apple slices and corn.
- Return to the oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve and enjoy