In this week’s meal plan, we are sneaking in a few of our favorite Christmas recipes as the big day will be here before you know it! But, in the meantime, enjoy plenty of other recipes to get you eating all week long.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
Power greens and potato breakfast casserole
- Costco sells a large bag of power greens (a mix of baby spinach, baby red and green chards, and baby kale), which I use for this recipe. You can use any mixture of greens you would like.
- The bake time depends on how thick your casserole is. So, the smaller your skillet, the thicker the casserole and the longer the bake time. I used a 6″ skillet in this recipe. You could use a square baking dish or a casserole dish.
- Browning the butter is an important step because it adds a touch of extra flavor.
- You can use frozen hash browns in place of fresh potato if that’s what you have on hand, shredded a potato is not always fun or quick.
- If you choose to use fresh potato, use it quickly, otherwise the potatoes will oxidize and turn brownish, but they will still taste good!
- If you want to be extra fancy, use Cotija cheese in place of Parmesan (or in addition to)
5 ingredient baked chicken parmesan pasta
- This recipe is made all in one dish – easier clean up!
- You can use ziti or penne pasta for best results
Whole wheat banana bread and/or muffins
- In place of whole wheat flour, you can use 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour, 1/3 cup tapioca starch, 1/4 cup potato starch.
- As an option, you could add 3/4 cup toffee chips
5 ingredient cinnamon coffee
- You can use this recipe for hot or iced coffee
- To make this cinnamon coffee recipe, you’re basically making a creamer to add as much or little to your coffee.
- This recipe will make enough for two coffees, depending on how much creamer you like in your coffee.
- When you add the ingredients to hot coffee, they melt, but if you’re making this into an iced coffee, you need to make it into a coffee creamer and then pour it over coffee, so that the brown sugar melts.
Carne asada fries
- This recipe is from the Skinnytaste One and Done cookbook and it’s so good!
- You’ll be surprised at how low in calories this recipe is! You can also serve it as an appetizer, for smaller portions and lower calorie count.
Cheddar bacon ranch pinwheel wraps
- This recipe is a great party appetizer, but it also make a delicious lunch!
- The most time consuming part is making bacon, which you can do ahead of time for a super simple meal!
Leave a Reply