This 5 ingredient baked chicken parmesan pasta dish is one that any household would love to eat. And it’s even perfect for a dinner party. It’s a take on a classic chicken pasta recipe everyone will love. It’s my take on a chicken parm, made all in one dish, with super minimal prep and a dinner with only 5 ingredients (perfect for Five Ingredient Fridays)!
The key to an easy weeknight meal is one that doesn’t require a special trip to the store. It’s one where I can use ingredients already in my pantry or refrigerator. That’s part of the reason why I developed my 5 ingredient recipe series.
With only 5 Ingredients, you’re bound to have many of these items already in your house….especially with this dish!
What ingredients do you need to make baked chicken parmesan pasta you might ask?
- pasta sauce
- penne pasta (ziti works too)
- chicken breasts
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
Besides being a simple 5 ingredient recipe, this dish is also a one pan meal that gets baked, so hands on time is super minimal, and clean up is a breeze.
While normally, when making a chicken pasta dish you would have multiple things to cook: you’d need to make the pasta, then the chicken, then the topping, then bake everything together. With this dish, it’s all done right there in the baking dish.
You put everything in one baking dish and after a little bit of cooking time, it’s all done! I love that I can spend time with the kids while this is baking and then have a delicious meal all ready to go. It kind of feels like cheating how easy this recipe is!
If you’re like me, you’re always trying to be sure you have a veggie as part of dinner. One of my all-time favorite vegetable dishes is this recipe for a quick broccoli side dish. And, don’t worry, if you can’t grill (heeelllooo Wisconsin winters), you can always use an indoor stovetop grill or even bake or saute this broccoli dish.
If chicken parm isn’t your thing (I actually have a friend that hates it – odd, right?! haha), I’ve got plenty of chicken recipes on the blog that you could try. A few of my favorites are below:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Healthy Crockpot Turmeric Chicken & Potatoes
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Enchilada Casserole
This 5 ingredient baked chicken parmesan pasta recipe is such a great fast and easy recipe for all those busy weeknights, you’ll want to put this one in the rotation for sure!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. pasta sauce (1 cup)
- 8 oz. penne pasta (ziti will work as well)
- 1 lb. chicken (2 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 oz. or 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray an 8x8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour water and pasta sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and stir.
- Add noodles. Make sure noodles are submerged in sauce/water mixture
- Place raw chicken on top of noodles.
- Cover chicken breasts with Panko breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top of breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle cheese on top of everything
- Bake at 425 for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches the correct internal temperature of 165 degrees
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 591mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.