It’s time for the weekly meal plan and this week, I’m still mixing in some healthy recipes if you’re going strong with your New Year’s resolution of eating healthier. And, don’t forget about the easy, 5 ingredient meals I’ve included in as well!
In every weekly meal plan, I like to include notes to help make your recipes easier to make. Check out my tips, tricks and notes below.
Notes on this week’s meal plan:
- The bake time depends on how thick your casserole is. So, the smaller your skillet, the thicker the casserole and the longer the bake time. I used a 6″ skillet in this recipe. You could use a square baking dish or a casserole dish.
- I use power greens (baby spinach, baby red and green chards, and baby kale) in this recipe, but feel free to use only spinach, or kale, or chards, or any combination of them.
- Browning the butter is an important step because it adds a touch of extra flavor.
- You can use frozen hash browns in place of fresh potato if that’s what you have on hand, shredded a potato is not always fun or quick.
- If you choose to use fresh potato, use it quickly, otherwise the potatoes will oxidize and turn brownish, but they will still taste good!
- If you want to be extra fancy, use Cotija cheese in place of Parmesan (or in addition to)
- Cool completely before putting in a freezer bag or container and freezing. These are good in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- I love using this panini press to make this sandwich!
- You can also cook bacon in the microwave by laying slices between layers of paper towel and cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- I love using this hot sauce!
- This dish is really good as leftovers. Keep the beef in the sauce/cooking liquid in the fridge (there will be a fat layer – the fat layer is much easier to remove after it has been cooled). The meat lasts for 5-7 days cooked in the fridge (but it never lasts that long for us).
- You can add in your favorite protein powder for an extra protein boost, this one is made with Greek yogurt!
- We had some fun with these and made them into animal faces – the kids loved it!