This 5 ingredient kielbasa and lentils recipe is the epitome of warmth and comfort. It’s an easy dinner that comes together using only one skillet, which means easy clean up too!
You know I love an easy dinner and what is easier than 5 ingredients AND only one pan!? Thats just what I have here. I don’t often remember to cook with kielbasa, but I’m so glad I did when recipe testing.
What ingredients do you need for 5 ingredient kielbasa and lentils?
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Turkey kielbasa
- Can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- Can of green lentils
I like making this recipe with turkey kielbasa instead of traditional kielbasa, which is made with pork and beef. Turkey kielbasa, like this one, is more lean and still tastes amazing. Plus, I love using turkey in recipes like these sloppy Joes and this meatloaf.
How do you make kielbasa and lentils?
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kielbasa is browned (about 5 minutes).
Add in lentils, tomatoes and salt. Bring tomato juice to a boil and then cook until absorbed, stirring throughout.
Remove from heat and serve.
How long do lentils take to cook?
- The best news with this recipe is that you used canned lentils so you don’t have to soak or cook them ahead of time! I discovered canned lentils when making this recipe. Canned lentils are so great because they are already cooked.
Lentils are great to cook with because they’re packed with vitamins like B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Plus, they are packed with protein!
This 5 ingredient kielbasa and lentils recipe comes together quickly and is a great weeknight meal. It is similar to a stew and keeps me warm just thinking about it.
5 Ingredient Kielbasa and Lentils
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Turkey Kielbasa cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs 14.5 oz. (or garlic and herbs)
- 1 can green lentils 15 oz., drained. Or 1 1/2 cups cooked green or brown lentils.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kielbasa is browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add in lentils, tomatoes and salt. Bring tomato juice to a boil and then cook until absorbed, stirring throughout.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Leave a Reply