This easy vegetarian meal of lentil cauliflower burgers with yogurt sauce is full of protein and is super delicious! Lentil recipes are among my favorite vegetarian recipes (this lentil slow cooker lentil and vegetable soup and this vegan lentil chili are two of my favorites) and I wanted to create a lentil recipe that wasn’t soup, so these lentil cauliflower burgers fit the bill perfectly (they’re also great for vegetarian meal prep!)
To make this recipe as easy as possible (and good for weeknights when you don’t have a ton of time), I used canned (already cooked) lentils and frozen cauliflower rice. Once you warm the cauliflower rice for just a couple minutes, to get rid of any frozen chunks, you simple blend all ingredients together and form into patties to start cooking.
If you want to make this recipe vegan, you absolutely can by simply omitting the egg. I’d make a flax egg in place of the egg by combining 1 tablespoon flax seeds with 2 tablespoons water.
While you’re forming the lentil cauliflower patties, you’ll want to heat up olive oil in a pan. You will fry these burgers like any other burger. One quick tip is that these burgers don’t stick together exactly the same as a regular burger, so take care when flipping them.
If you end up with the burger falling into pieces when you flip it, don’t worry! I’ve done that plenty of times and love simply crumbling up the burger pieces and topping a salad with them or even making a fun vegetarian lentil cauliflower bowl meal.
When you take care to flip these burgers, it’s so worth it! The little bit of crunch you get from pan-frying is so delish…and my favorite part of the burger.
To go on the side of the burger, whip up a super easy and healthy yogurt sauce. You only need plain yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. Add some cucumber and you have an amazing healthy meal!
Hope you enjoy this amazing vegetarian meal of lentil cauliflower burgers with yogurt sauce!
Lentil Cauliflower Burgers with Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic fresh pressed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
For the Burger
- 1, 15 oz. can of lentils rinsed and drained or 1 heaping cup of cooked lentils
- 1, 10 oz. bag of frozen cauliflower rice with herbs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Cucumber slices for serving
For the Burgers
- Warm the cauliflower rice for two minutes, so there are no frozen pieces.
- Add all burger ingredients into a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until combined.
- Form mixture into 4 large patties.
- Heat olive oil on high in a large nonstick frying pan for about a minute.
- Fry burgers until crisp on each side (about 5 minutes per side)
For the Yogurt Sauce
- Combine yogurt, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
- Serve burgers with side of yogurt sauce and with cucumber slices