This 5 ingredient oven roasted balsamic tomatoes recipe is one that I promise you’re going to make on repeat. Plus, since they’re made with only 5 ingredients, they are a perfect for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday recipe!
Nick has been into roasting lately, and I’m loving it – low and slow! The first time Nick made these oven roasted tomatoes, I was so blown away by the flavor that I asked him to make them again…so he made them twice (in a day)!, He used this recipe and then tweaked it.
What ingredients do you use to make roasted tomatoes?
- Roma tomatoes and 1 pint cherry tomatoes – you could also use 4-6 regular sized tomatoes, cut in 1/2 or 1/4
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar – it makes a difference to use a good quality balsamic vinegar, like this
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
I’ve previously written about some delicious things to make with tomatoes, but this recipe is definitely getting added to that list (probably to the top!).
These balsamic roasted tomatoes can be used in so many ways – a few of my favorites are below:
- By themselves
- On toast (be sure to use a good bread!)
- With a cheese board
- As a topping for fish (see tomato poached fish!)
- Stirred in with some pasta or rice (and add a dash of parmesan, yum)
- Stirred in with mayo for a sandwich spread
- On tacos
It’s all about low and slow when you’re roasting these tomatoes. The initial roasting takes 90 minutes (so worth it!), and then you turn up the heat right at the end to give them a little color/flavor.
Once you pull this 5 ingredient oven roasted balsamic tomatoes recipe out of the oven, enjoy them in your favorite way and then get ready to make them again and again!
5 Ingredient Oven Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 roma tomatoes and 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 4-6 regular sized tomatoes, tomatoes cut in 1/2 or 1/4
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 generous pinches kosher salt
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil or 2-3 glugs/turns of the wrist
- 1 Tbs. aged balsamic vinegar good quality, like this one
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes, place skin side down on parchment paper.
- Generously season with Kosher salt (usually 2 generous pinches).
- Lightly dust with onion and garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon of each).
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on.
- Bake for 90 minutes, check at 1 hr, you don't want balsamic to burn.
- When the tomatoes are soft and look kind of wrinkly around the edges turn up the heat to 450 and cook for 3-10 minutes, until the edges of the tomatoes get some color.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
[…] these balsamic roasted tomatoes first before making the […]
[…] Cherry or grape tomatoes – you will need a total of 1 1/2 containers. If you have extra, might I suggest making these? […]
[…] eggs and roasted tomatoes is just that! I was inspired to make it after Nick made these balsamic roasted tomatoes for me for the first time, they make the perfect topping for avocado toast! Please note, this […]