I love a healthy breakfast that’s easy to put together and this avocado toast with hard-boiled eggs and roasted tomatoes is just that! I was inspired to make it after Nick made these balsamic roasted tomatoes for me for the first time, they make the perfect topping for avocado toast! Please note, this avocado toast recipe assumes you’ve made oven roasted tomatoes prior to assembling the toast- or you could use sun dried tomatoes for a another option.
I love making this avocado toast because I can have all of the ingredients prepped ahead of time. Then, when it’s time to enjoy the toast, all you have to do is assemble and enjoy. Case in point, this avocado toast recipe with chickpeas I make for a quick lunch.
What ingredients do I need to make this avocado toast with hard boiled eggs and tomatoes?
- Sourdough bread (or your bread of choice)
- Avocado – I usually use 1/4 -1/2 avocado per big slice of toast (it depends how hungry you are!)
- Hard boiled eggs-1 egg per piece of toast
- Balsamic roasted tomatoes – I use my recipe for balsamic roasted tomatoes -you could also use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Sea salt – I like a good flakey sea salt like Maldon sea salt
I always prefer a warm hard-boiled egg. And to make the perfect warm hard-boiled egg, You just boil a pot of water, put the egg in and boil it for 9 minutes. After that time, drain the water, briefly run under cold water, peel and enjoy!
This breakfast is so super simple. Here are the quick steps:
- Toast bread
- Slice avocados and put on top of toast – slightly smash with a fork
- Cut eggs and layer them on top of the avocados
- Add balsamic roasted tomatoes
- Top with sea salt and enjoy!
This avocado toast with hard-boiled eggs and roasted tomatoes is a recipe perfect for breakfast, lunch or even a light dinner!
Avocado Toast with hard-boiled eggs and balsamic roasted tomatoes
- 2 slices sourdough bread or use your favorite hearty bread of choice
- 1/2 Avocado Use 1/4 on each slice of toast
- 2 hard boiled eggs use 1 egg per each slice of toast
- 2-4 Tbs balsamic roasted tomatoes use 1 Tbs on each slice of toast (recipe for tomatoes here), or use sun dried tomatoes
- 1-2 pinch Maldon sea salt flakes for sprinkling on top
- Toast your sourdough bread.
- Slice 1/2 an avocado into thin slices. Split between two pieces of toast. Layer evenly and slightly smash/press down with a fork
- Peel and cut hard boiled egg. Add on top of the avocados.
- Place balsamic roasted tomatoes on top of eggs. Use approx. 1 Tbs per piece of toast.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!