Bacon and cheese, is there any better combination?! This week’s five ingredient Friday is that glorious combination in this 5 ingredient skillet bacon cheese dip!
With guests on their way and the food still in the process of being warmed, you want an appetizer that is super easy to make and something everyone will love, am I right?
Well this skillet bacon cheese dip is your new friend.
[Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer if you make this awesome appetizer and try this 5 ingredient skillet bacon cheese dip!]
All you do to make this dip is cook some bacon (I used bacon from Pig of the Month BBQ-for which I’ve done an awesome giveaway for in the past for a 3 month subscription to the bacon of the month club) and poblano peppers (you could also use jalapeños) and then mix in some cheese and sour cream with Worcestershire sauce and then bake it, and voila, you have an awesome appetizer.
I served the appetizer with some chips, and it was such a perfect appetizer. And the bacon, seriously – sooooo incredible, and if you want to try Pig of the Month bacon, head on over to this post!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Best Dip Ever – Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon, and a mustard vinaigrette
- Bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed chicken with zucchini linguine
5 Ingredient Skillet Bacon Cheese Dip
- 4 strips of bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend or sharp cheddar
- green onions as an optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over high heat, cook the bacon and poblano pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes (or until the bacon is browning). Drain off excess grease.
- In a bowl stir together the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Add bacon and poblanos and mix, then add back into the skillet and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the the dip and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and serve!
Little Cooking Tips says
Sour cream isn’t sold here, but Greek yogurt of course is, so we’ll make this work:) Bacon, cheese and peppers: how can you go wrong with this combo?:) SO YUMMY!
Thanx so much dear Phi!
Lots of hugs,
Panos and Mirella
Greek yogurt would be a fantastic substitute for sour cream in this recipe! Thank you for commenting 🙂
warren mattison says
Love the dip
Thank you so much!
shawnna griffin says
hey girl this looks divine!
Thank you so much – guests loved it!
Hi Phi, you always make the best appetizers, love this combination!
Thank you so much Cheri! This dip is perfect for parties – and I’m ALL about apps 🙂
Oh wow this recipe might be my new comfort food heaven moment… That cheese… that bacon… those poblanos…Yum!
Thank you so much! And girlllll, omg this dip was insanely good (and SO easy to make)
Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy says
I love cheese and I love dip, so you seriously wouldn’t be able to keep me away from this, and I wouldn’t want to share it with anyone either haha.
Haha, girl, this dip is SO good, it’s definitely best to have it in social situations otherwise I would eat the whole thing myself lol!