Bacon and cheese, is there any better combination?! This week’s five ingredient Friday is that glorious combination in this 5 ingredient skillet bacon cheese dip!
With guests on their way and the food still in the process of being warmed, you want an appetizer that is super easy to make and something everyone will love, am I right?
Well this skillet bacon cheese dip is your new friend.
[Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer if you make this awesome appetizer and try this 5 ingredient skillet bacon cheese dip!]
All you do to make this dip is cook some bacon (I used bacon from Pig of the Month BBQ-for which I’ve done an awesome giveaway for in the past for a 3 month subscription to the bacon of the month club) and poblano peppers (you could also use jalapeños) and then mix in some cheese and sour cream with Worcestershire sauce and then bake it, and voila, you have an awesome appetizer.
I served the appetizer with some chips, and it was such a perfect appetizer. And the bacon, seriously – sooooo incredible, and if you want to try Pig of the Month bacon, head on over to this post!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Best Dip Ever – Cheesy Bacon Dip
- Spinach salad with soft boiled eggs, bacon, and a mustard vinaigrette
- Bacon wrapped goat cheese stuffed chicken with zucchini linguine
5 Ingredient Skillet Bacon Cheese Dip
- 4 strips of bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend or sharp cheddar
- green onions as an optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet over high heat, cook the bacon and poblano pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes (or until the bacon is browning). Drain off excess grease.
- In a bowl stir together the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Add bacon and poblanos and mix, then add back into the skillet and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the the dip and bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and serve!