This breakfast recipe for banana cinnamon roll muffins is the best breakfast cinnamon roll muffin with frosting recipe I’ve ever made! These are no-yeast banana cinnamon rolls, and an easy air fryer muffin. Plus, I also include instructions for how to make them in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer.
When bananas start to go brown, I love to use them in recipes like these banana cinnamon roll muffins. A few other great recipes I use old bananas in are these muffins and this snack cake (great for the kids)!
This recipe is so easy! You make a dough, but since there’s no yeast there’s no waiting for it to rise. It’s also great that the batch only makes 8 muffins. Everyone can enjoy one or two and you don’t have to worry about storing and re-heating another day. Or you can just double the batch and bring it to a brunch party!
What ingredients do you need to make banana cinnamon roll muffins?
- Ripe Banana
- Baking powder
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered sugar
You pretty much need all of the basics for baking and one banana – I would bet you already have most of these things in your pantry!
Once you’ve made, rolled and divided the dough, you will place each piece into a muffin cup/liner . I suggest using a sturdy one, like these. This will help ensure that the cinnamon roll muffins hold their shape.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to fit 4 in the basket – leave a little space on the sides. So you’ll make this recipe in two batches.
When the timer on air fryer rings, pull them out, take them out of basket, and them put on plate or cooling rack before frosting them.
There are a million reasons that I love these cinnamon roll muffins made with bananas, but the best part is that if you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven as well. You just need to preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 28 minutes.
While the muffins are cooking, I use that time to whip up the frosting. If you want your frosting to be a bit more thick, use a touch less milk. If you accidentally add too much milk, just add in some powdered sugar. You just want to be sure the frosting is thick enough to not run off the cinnamon roll muffins.
Once the cinnamon roll muffins are done cooking, let them cool for about 5 minutes before frosting. Then sit back and enjoy!
Air Fryer Breakfast Recipe - Banana Cinnamon Roll Muffins
For the Dough
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 3 Tbs. butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup flour (a heaping cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
For the Filling
- 2 Tbs. butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (4 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
To make the dough
- Start by melting the butter in a bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave. When butter is melted, put banana in bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in milk, sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix with a fork and knead toward the end to ensure everything is combined. If the dough is too wet, add a tablespoon more of flour.
To make filling
- Make filling by melting butter and adding brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle a cutting board/surface generously with flour. Place dough on board and flatten into a small rectangle with fork. Pour filling on top and spread with a spatula.
- Cover hands with flour and roll dough into a log (rolling along the longer rectangle side). Cut into even pieces. 8 pieces. I cut the log in half first then cut each half into 4.
- Lightly spray muffin cups (cupcake liners) with cooking spray. Once pieces are cut, place into cupcake lines (I suggest using sturdy ones).
- Set air fryer for 325, 15 minutes
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to fit 4 in the basket. Be sure to leave a little space on the sides. I like to peek in the basket around 12 minutes to make sure they're not cooking/browning too fast. Make frosting while muffins are cooking.
- When timer on the air fryer rings, pull them out. The muffins are done with a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Take the muffins out of the basket carefully (they're hot), put on plate or cooling rack.
- Let cool a bit (maybe 5 min.) before frosting is put on. If you want it more melted in drizzle, frost when warm.
To make frosting
- Whisk milk and powdered sugar together until you get all of the chunks out. Add more milk for a thinner frosting and less milk for a thicker frosting.
- Frost the cinnamon roll muffins and enjoy!