When you’re searching for the best easiest banana bread muffins, these are THE muffins you’ve been looking for. These banana bread muffins are made with seven simple ingredients and will become a family favorite.
You know I love when a recipe is super easy and it’s an even bigger bonus if Ben likes the recipe too! Well, these banana bread muffins fit both of those categories, so we make them all the time in our household.
I am lucky enough to be one of those people with amazing in-laws. Nick’s parents help us so much with Ben and I could not be happier to have them in my life. The other week, when I picked Ben up, my mother-in-law told me that she’d made these muffins for Ben that he loved and then she sent me home with a bag of them.
OMG, he did love them! Like, LOVE LOVE. So I had to call up my mother-in-law and get the recipe stat. When she gave it to me, I was so surprised to learn just how easy it was! What could be better than an easy recipe that a toddler will eat?!
Well, how about this? They also freeze well, so they make a great on-the-go snack and a great make-ahead snack for the freezer! If you’re anything like me, I am always on the go, so grabbing something that’s healthy enough to give to Ben AND something he will actually eat is an automatic fave in my book.
If you’ve been keeping up with SweetPhi, you know that our household loves bananas. Nick absolutely loves them and Ben, well, let’s just say he has quite a fun time mashing them up and attempting to eat them. Last year, I made this yummy banana snack cake with Greek yogurt frosting as Ben’s birthday cake and it was huge hit, so I’m not surprised that the muffins were a family favorite as well.
Sometimes I get stuck on recipes and end up hitting the Internet to find some great recipes from other bloggers. I’m often searching things like:
- Kid friendly snacks (I finally put together a list of all my favorite kid snack ideas)
- freezer foods (I’m making these eggless waffles on repeat because they freeze so well)
- easy make-ahead snacks (trail mix or this banana fosters party chex mix are faves for us)
I’m hoping that this recipe will become one of your go-to kid friendly make-ahead snacks!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread + Muffins Recipe
- Easy Sweet Potato Cornbread Muffins
- Skinny Banana Berry Chocolate Chip Muffins
The Easiest Banana Bread Muffins
When you’re searching for the best easiest banana bread muffins, these are THE muffins you’ve been looking for. These banana bread muffins are made with seven simple ingredients and will become a family favorite.Print Rate
Servings: 18 muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a muffin pan with liners or cooking spray (or lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan) and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash bananas, you should have 1 cup. Beat in sugar, then egg and butter.
- In another bowl, stir together flour,baking soda; add to banana mixture and stir until all flour is moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or 55-60 minutes if making a loaf).
Can add fruits, nuts or spices. We like to add raisins or chocolate chips. Recipe adapted from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g