Hi Friends, this week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-16 we’re getting ready for the holidays and talking about my very favorite winter ankle boots that are perfect for snow and showing a preview of family pictures!
Time is just flying and I’m so excited for the holidays. This week I’m sharing about the most perfect winter ankle boots I just found (feel like I’ve waited my whole life for these boots)! We had friends with kids over (on a weeknight) and it was so nice, I’m sharing what I made that everyone ate and I’m sharing so so many amazing holiday recipes!!
New on the Blog:
- What Should I make for Thanksgiving – in case your menu isn’t set, this post will help you plan in a jiffy!
- Thanksgiving Desserts that Aren’t Pie – because sometimes you’re just sick of the same old pie.
- Catching up with Kelnhofers – catch up with what’s going on in our crazy little family!
- Chocolate Turtle Chex Mix – a great food gift that also works at parties. Plus this recipe makes a ton (great for leftovers)
What to Make:
All things thanksgiving all the time! Here are a few things on my menu for next week. What’s on yours?
- 5 Ingredient cheesy cauliflower bake or broccoli divine
- Turkey, of course!
- Brown sugar pie
- The EASIEST pumpkin pie
I had to share this on today’s Catching up with the Kelnhofers-16 because this is one of the many potato recipes I love making for Thanksgiving because everyone loves cheesy potatoes and I save oven space by using a slow cooker!
- “I made this for a church picnic this past weekend and it was a hit . Numerous people asked me for the recipe and I gladly gave it to them. It was very good and I will definitely make it again. I read all the reviews and followed the recipe exactly. I used cream of chicken but yesterday I found cream of bacon and I am going to try that the next time. By the way, I came home with an empty crock pot! Thank you for the recipe.”
General stories/things I’m loving:
- I finally got amazing winter ankle boots – who knew UGG made other shoes/boots other than those furry ones? Anyway, these are the ones I got and they’re SO comfortable and had no wear-in time; comfortable out of the box. Also, they have an awesome tread/grip for walking around in the snow (while carrying babies!)
Plus, for this week’s Catching up with the Kelnhofers-16, we got our family pictures taken – family pictures with a family of 5 is a ‘thing’ lol, all the kids had little meltdowns, but I saw some previews and have tears in my eyes at how beautiful they turned out. Here’s one of me and my girl Frankie.
- We had friends over for dinner and it was so nice, they have 2 amazing daughters and they played with Ben so nicely! I made tacos- this recipe with beef and everyone (kids and adults) enjoyed the meal. The whole evening was so great!
- Also – Ben’s toy kitchen was one of the best purchases ever – he plays with that thing ALL the time, and the girls that came over played with it too! Right now it’s on sale on amazon for $125!
- I’m enjoying The Bookish Life of Nina Hill, but it does seem a little slow…I’m hoping it picks up.
- My mother and one of my sisters (I have 3 sisters) came to visit me this past weekend, and we took Ben and the twins to a holiday craft fair, he made a necklace and we dipped a candle (not the most toddler friendly activity but it was super special because I used to do that with my mom).
- I finally took down my Halloween decorations and put up my first Christmas decoration, but only one small one. Nick says I have to wait until after Thanksgiving. I’m so excited this year.
The November giveaway winners for the eight years bloggiversary giveaway- winners please reply to this email or email me at email@example.com to claim your prize!!
Winners of the $100 Amazon or Starbucks gift card (winners choice! plus a little something extra for me being late in announcing.)
- Jessica L who commented on a Catching Up With The Kelnhofers post “Pretty amazing family you have there! So amazing how much you’re doing! Thanks for the chili recipe too!”
- Kate who commented on the GF pumpkin loaf: “I’ve made this for my family. It was loved by our boys that are usually skeptical of anything gluten free ! (ages 9-15)”
- Amy V. E. who commented on the sweet cream iced coffee post “This is my fave way to drink coffee”
- Laura M who commented on the 5 Ingredient jerk chicken and rice bowls “This looks like a meal that my family would love and is ‘doable’ after work/before I have to drive my kids places in the evening!”
Winner of the bonus Home Chef giveaway who gets a gift certificate to try this meal delivery service:
- Rachel Z. who said she is excited to try a new meal delivery service after not liking some others (I think you’re going to love Home Chef, I know I have!)
Thank you for reading and all your support!! I hope you enjoyed this Catching Up With The Kelnhofers-16!
I’d love to hear from you – do you wait until after thanksgiving to put up your Christmas/holiday decorations? Just leave a comment below and let me know
Until next time,