These 5 ingredient jerk chicken and rice bowls are full of bold flavors and are so easy to make, they’re perfect for a quick dinner the whole family will love!
I’ve made this dish for over the years because of how easy it all comes together. Last year, I made these 5 ingredient jerk chicken and rice bowls when we were having another couple-friends of ours over. We set up a lovely table outside on the deck and pretended we were in the Caribbean (at least I did lol). The meal was fantastic and the company was even better!
These jerk chicken and rice bowls only take five ingredients and one of those is optional. What could be better? So, if you need to put together a quick date-night meal or even just a weeknight meal for the family, give this a try.
I try not to make completely separate meals for Ben, but rather simply adjust our existing meal for kids. So, for this recipe, I’d simply make some plain chicken for Ben because the marinade is a touch spicy, so I’m not sure he’d love it yet.
You can absolutely make a Jamaican jerk marinade from scratch, but I’m all about simplicity, so I bought one from the store. Lawry’s makes a great Caribbean Jerk marinade and I am sure many other brands are equally as tasty.
These Caribbean/Jamaican chicken rice and veggie bowls remind me of the 5 ingredient Hawaiian chicken and rice bowls I make – both are super simple and super flavorful dishes!
When you marinate the chicken, you can do it in as short as an hour but it really is best if you can manage to marinate it overnight. Then the flavors really come out! After the chicken is marinated, you simply need to saute it and add the stir fry vegetables, and the bulk of the dish is done. You can grill the chicken or pan fry it.
While the vegetables are cooking, you prepare the rice and viola that’s it for these amazing 5 ingredient jerk chicken and rice bowls!
There are a few shortcuts I use to keep this recipe as simple as possible:
- Use a pre-made Caribbean/Jerk marinade
- Buy a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables (saves a ton of prep time!)
- Use 90-second microwave instant rice like this one
If you use these shortcuts, you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Air Fryer Falafel Bowls Recipe
- Instant Pot Asian Shredded Beef Bowls
- Asian Ground Turkey and Rice Bowls Recipe
- 1 cup jerk marinade
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, (2 large breasts)
- 1 lb. stir fry vegetables (broccoli, shredded carrots, peppers, onions, cabbage) - can use a frozen bag
- 2 packages (8.5 oz each) Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- Pour Jamaican jerk marinade over chicken and let marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, but overnight is even better
- In a frying pan over high heat, saute chicken for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in stir fry vegetables and 1/2 cup water. Put lid on pan and saute for 6 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, make instant rice in microwave.
- If using coconut milk, pour rice into a bowl and pour coconut milk over rice, stir to combine.
- Slice/divide chicken breasts, vegetables and rice into 4 bowls and enjoy.
If your store has them, add fried plantains on the side for an extra Caribbean flair.
Optional: add coconut milk to the rice as it gives an extra creamy texture
Serving Size:1 chicken and rice bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1767mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 41g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.