Hi Friends – this week on Catching Up With The Kelnhofers -8 – the recipe that over 10 THOUSAND people look at every week, Ben making pizza and all things fall recipes, oh and a new book I’m reading (I need your recommendations).
There are so many new people who have joined the SweetPhi newsletter community, and viewed the blog lately, I am so incredibly grateful and happy to welcome each and every one of you. If you’re a long time reader or this is your first visit to my site, THANK YOU!!
In the past 2 weeks, over 20 thousand people have viewed this 5 ingredient slow cooker pork roast and potatoes recipe. It’s suuuuper easy, is made in a slow cooker/crock pot and is one of those ‘set it and forget it’ meals where you can throw it in the slow cooker before work and come home to a meal. Do you make slow cooker recipes?
5 Ingredient recipes are one of my absolute favorite things to make, I even wrote a cookbook Fast and Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook For Busy People.
Back to regular scheduled programming lol – it’s been a crazy busy week, so nuts that as I type, my eyelids are literally twitching. Has this ever happened to you? I know it means I’m 1-tired 2-not getting enough sleep 3-doing too much screen time 4-need more calcium and magnesium. I came home from my quick trip to Austin, TX to three sick kids who needed lots of TLC which I was more than happy to oblige. But…dealing with doctors appointments and shuffling around of child care for the kids, on top of them getting me sick, then work has been absolutely insane and I feel like there are just not enough hours in the day, to then having a mile long to-do list for the blog business and I never do work between the time I get home and the time they get to bed (those are my precious family time/no-work time I carve out every day)….so yeah, my eyelids are twitching and I hope they stop.
On the upside? I’ve made dinner every night this week! We’re working on eating family style so that Ben sees what we’re eating and doesn’t just eat mac ‘n cheese or something separate! This week he’s done so good and has had a few bites of every single meal we’ve made/eaten as a family (including lettuce – I mean yes, he did just want to pick out the croutons and cheese, but baby steps, right?)
- This week he’s done so good and has had a few bites of every single meal we’ve made/eaten as a family (including lettuce – I mean yes, he did just want to pick out the croutons and cheese, but baby steps, right?)
- Ben got a hair cut and got to pic out his new do lol
New on the Blog
- 5 Ingredient Spinach Hummus Wrap – a super easy lunch that’s also healthy
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – currently my fave blog series
What to Make
Fall is coming up so I’m sharing some of my all time favorite fall recipes:
- Pumpkin spice latte chocolate chip cookies
- Upside down apple and pear loaf
- Iced maple latte
- Healthy apple cider donuts
- Butternut squash gnocchi
- Apple cider old fashioned
I get so many sweet comments on my pumpkin loaf copycat recipe – two of my favorites are below!
- “Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! This is the first dessert I’ve baked since being diagnosed with celiac. I’m obsessed and will definitely be making this again!!!”
- “I made two batches (one for our dinner party tonight & one for just us lol !!!) and it turned out UH-mazing. Not missing out on gluten or wishing I had a diff recipe – so delicious, thank you!!”
General/stories/things I’m loving
- We used my whole wheat pizza dough recipe to make this recipe we saw in Eating Well magazine, right now Amazon is selling the subscription for 12 months to Eating Well for $5.49 vs. the normal $30, I’m going to re-subscribe asap because I love that magazine. Ben helped make the dough!!
- As I mentioned, I’ve been sick and was tired, but never too tired to enjoy feeding and cuddling my babies
- Ben is so sweet with his siblings, warms my heart!
- Something I haven’t really shared about yet because I was trying it out…is SmileDirect Club – they sell teeth straightening aligners. I had one little problem tooth that had been bugging me for years and got worse over the last few years and even worse with my last pregnancy. Literally, my mouth and this one tooth would hurt, and there was nothing ‘wrong’ according to multiple dentists, it was just cosmetic (so insurance wouldn’t cover fixing it if I wanted). I found out and tried SmileDirect Club – they do aligners for teeth. I’ve been using them for the past 6 months, and I have to say, I can actually tell a difference! It was a fraction of the price of what I had been quoted to get it fixed, but still a pretty chunk of change (it ended up being close to 2 grand! I had been quoted 10 grand to fix it through the traditional route) But…not only has it improved my teeth and smile, but I’m not as self conscious about my smile anymore (I would only take pictures one way facing my face in one way prior to this)…so to see pictures of myself now is kind of crazy. I know some people who know me have been asking about it, so I’ll write a blog post soon. But feel free to message me if you have any questions.
- Bens babysitter got him a little construction vest, it’s too cute, he didn’t want a picture in the vest himself, he wanted me to take a picture with him in it lol
- Started reading Fleishman Is In Trouble – it’s a little weird, but I’m intrigued!!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Catching Up With The Kelnhofers -9
- Catching Up With The Kelnhofers -10
- Catching Up With The Kelnhofers-11
I need some good fall reads, I just haven’t had time to do any research! What are you reading?!? Let me know in the comments below