Hi Friends – this week on Catching Up With The Kelnhofers – we took the family to the Milwaukee Public Market, the twins turned THREE MONTHS old and I went to an indoor trampoline park with Ben. Read more below!
- We took the kids to the Milwaukee Public Market for dinner this week, it’s such a special place for me because we had our wedding reception there, and I did my cookbook launch party there a few years ago.
- It was getting on the late side for Ben’s dinner and we had the twins with us, I told Nick I wanted a picture in front of the pretty Milwaukee Public Market sign.
- Ben started whining/crying and Nick said “just take the picture, it’ll look like he’s smiling” LOL – please look at the picture, does it look like he’s smiling and having fun? Still makes me laugh. But we had a really nice time, Ben got a fancy grilled cheese and we shared a piece of avocado toast.
New on the blog this past week:
- One pot sausage and rice casserole – only one pot so less time doing dishes, always a win (this recipe also reheats really well and is awesome for lunches!)
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – check out the latest from last week
What to Make:
I’m loving all the squash as we work our way into fall! Here are a few of my favorite ways to cook with it:
- Butternut squash gnocchi – one of my husbands favorite dishes of all time, he always requests it!
- Squash cakes with coconut cream
- 5 Ingredient spaghetti squash pesto “pasta”
- 5 Ingredient squash burrata salad
The other day, our pediatrician told us that this flu season is supposed to be extra bad this year. Yikes! So, my recipe for sore throat soothing shake is staying front of mine as we enter flu season. I’m loving this reader review of the shake:
- “I have strep throat and have been looking for any and everything I can consume that will help my throat. Nothing is helping except cough drops and those are not delicious. I made this and I must say it very good! It does taste like horchata, which is nice.”
General/stories/things I’m loving
- Do you know Baby Shark? Ben loves the song and dances along, so when his aunty said there was a Baby Shark themed toddler time at SkyZone (an indoor trampoline park) we took him! He posed with the baby shark mascot and had so much fun jumping (no joke, it’s tiring and such a work out – I was sweating buckets by the end, and I wasn’t even doing that much jumping!)
- Afterwards we went to a harvest fest a local store was having where they let the kids decorate pumpkins and gave out snacks and temporary tattoos
- All the fall TV premiers have started and I love it!!! This Is Us is back, Bull is back, Shark Tank is back…what are you watching?
- I make recipes from my blog all the time. I’ll go and look through the recipe index and pick out recipes. Just this past week I made the super easy baked chicken recipe with carrots and potatoes because I had herbs from the garden.
- I LOVE my pyrex baking dishes with lids, it’s a product I use over and over and over (literally every single week I use these dishes).
- Do you have a magazine you love reading? As I mentioned last week, I’m really loving Eating Well and I just got a new subscription for the year (it’s on sale right now for $5.49 for a year subscription on Amazon!
- It was pajama day at school and Ben LOVED it. We bought him new construction/tractor/car pjs for the occasion.
- The twins turned 3 months old this past weekend!!
- I’m in the midst of reading Fleishman Is In Trouble – I mentioned it’s a little weird and depressing, and it still is…I’m kind of hoping it will turn the corner?
- I got a recommendation for “Evvie Drake Starts Over” and I am listening to that and it’s so good so far!!
What are you watching this fall? Just leave a comment and let me know!
Until next week,