Hi Friends! This week on Catching Up With The Kelnhofers-12 I am entering into my NINTH year of blogging, school photos are in, taking a 2 year old to the grocery store and tummy time with 4 month old twins!!!
I am so thankful for all of you and this incredible community, the blog has evolved and is now a full on business and I could not be more grateful – it is truly my happy place, every time I work on creating a recipe, or writing a book or putting together an email, it’s just incredible. I am filled with joy and happiness. Thank you!!
New on the Blog:
I was at a work conference last Thurs. – Sun. and was absolutely zonked when I got home at the end of the day and I was a little behind on my blog work…AND I was busy prepping tons of holiday recipes (coming in the next few weeks), so this past week the ‘new on the blog’ section is a bit light. Cannot wait to share with you all the stuff in the works, and celebrate the fact that I am entering into my NINTH year of blogging!
- Home Chef Meal Kit Delivery Review
- Eight Years Blogging – My Happy Place! (HUGE giveaways in this post, just FYI)
What to Make:
It’s breakfast for dinner time! I always loved this as a kid and still do as an adult. Here are some of my favorite brinner recipes for you to try:
- Healthy slow cooker breakfast casserole
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast Sandwiches
- 5 Ingredient Vegetable Frittata
- The Best Eggless Waffles
Keeping on the breakfast bandwagon, I’m sharing a comment for my Dad’s yummy scrambled eggs:
- “The recipe for your father’s scrambled eggs is so simple but the best scrambled eggs ever!!”
General stories/things I’m loving:
- Ben’s school photos are in, I for sure am Thankful 😉
- I wrote a whole post on meal kits and I’m giving away a box for a family of 4 in my blogiversary post. As you know because I keep talking about it…this month I’m really loving Home Chef for quick and easy ones (they have the HomeChef Express or Oven Ready ones- until the end of October- Get $40 Off With Code 40SWEETPHI ($30 Off Your First Box, $10 Off Your Second!) I also really like Sun Basket for organic and healthy meals that actually taste good!
- We are painting our first floor. With three small kids, we’re having someone paint it for us, but still, it’s a huge project to prep all the rooms, send us good thoughts please!
- When talking about the paint color, I liked Agreeable Gray. My father in law sent us different colors/swatches of gray because he thought I was saying I wanted an agreeable gray- one we could agree on – LOL!
- Right now it’s between
- Eider White
- Repose Gray
- Agreeable Gray
- This week I finished reading The Overdue Life of Amy Byle. I liked it, but I will say it was kind of boring at times and then all of a sudden there were these like big chunks of story that just came out at the end, but it was a cute read. I’m now listening to Be Obsessed Or Be Average…would definitely definitely recommend reading this book over listening to it. It’s a business book, definitely not for everyone and is a little preachy, but I like hearing other peoples’ stories and I am crazy passionate and obsessed over my blog business, so for me it’s very interesting.
- Took Ben to the grocery store. Whenever we go, he likes when I make him a list, it’s really cute. We went to one of my favorites (Metro Mart – which is the same as Pick ‘n Save. They’re one of my blog clients, I’m working with them on one recipe a month, see the pressure cooker instant pot chicken spaghetti casserole and the one pot sausage and rice casserole) and he picked out a little squash, too cute, and then on the way home, he fell asleep and when I unbuckled his car seat, he was in the process of getting out and fell asleep again LOL
- We’re working on tummy time with the twins – big brother Ben was so cute and showed him how it was done. He also reads to them which is beyond precious
- I had a big working day (I do batch work, so I’ll photograph all the recipes for a month in a day, that sort of thing-it really helps with efficiency and is one of the only ways I am able to get stuff done) and Ben was too cute – he brought some toys and joined in on the fun!
- Best intentions didn’t quite cut it with dinner this week -we ended up having Brinner (breakfast for dinner) and Ben helped make pancakes from my cookbook. I love the cookbook so much – I’m seriously making recipes out of it every single week, and they’re so easy! I know I wrote the book and all, but I truly do love it and think it’s an amazing resource for your kitchen!
What are you up to this weekend? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Catching Up With The Kelnhofers-13
- Catching Up With The Kelnhofers-14
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers -15
Until next week,