Forget making beer bread out of a mix, with 5 simple ingredients, you have have homemade beer bread ready in a flash!
With the holidays coming up, parties and get togethers are in abundance. At every one of these gatherings, there’s bound to be some dip, just hanging out, begging to be eaten. There’s normally a sad bowl of tortilla chips or crackers on the verge of going stale that one uses to eat said dip. BUT, have you ever made beer bread to use as a dipping vessel? Total game changer.
My mother-in-law was actually the one who introduced me to beer bread. I had it at a party once (it was served alongside a dip very similar to this 5 ingredient sour cream and chive dip) and immediately after tasting the bread asked her what was in it. She told me it was actually just a mix, so of course I was determined to make it from scratch, and have done just that.
This beer bread is one I’ve perfected over the last few years, and I absolutely love this recipe. It’s super easy, and the end result is delicious. It’s got a light and fluffy center and a buttery crust. So good.
You can make 5 ingredient beer bread in a loaf pan, and it will turn out like a loaf (as pictured) or you could simply bake it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, it would give it more of a crust and be spread out more. Either way – it’s crazy delicious.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
5 Ingredient Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle of beer 12 ounces, see note
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and stir a few times so that the ingredients are mixed together.
- Add in the beer and stir until the dough forms, set aside.
- To melt the butter, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds on HIGH. Then remove from the microwave and stir. If not melted, repeat, microwaving for 10 seconds and stirring, until the butter is completely melted. Brush about a third of the butter onto the bottom and sides of the prepared loaf pan (on top of the parchment paper.
- Spoon the dough into the buttered loaf pan and pour/brush the remaining melted butter over the dough.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan, slice and serve.
- If making to serve alongside a dip, the loaf into 1-to-2 inch cubes.