I love chocolate mousse but have never made it before, so when my latest Martha Stewart Living magazine came and contained a little insert called Everyday Food (a Martha Stewart Publication) with the cover saying ‘Festive and Fast’ with this recipe in it, I knew I had to try it. Of course, Martha did not let me down. This recipe for Easy Chocolate Mousse is just that…easy…and delicious!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/4 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips I used Ghirardelli brand
- 3 Tbs Sugar plus 1 Tbs for whipped cream topping
- 2/3 Cup Whole Milk must use whole milk, I tried once using skim milk and it failed, haha
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Crushed Chocolate flavored Candy Canes by Hershey's, or regular candy canes
- In a blender or food processor put chocolate, sugar and a small pinch of salt.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer then transfer to the blender. Let stand for 1 minute. Blend on high until smooth (about 1 minute) Add egg whites and vanilla extract and blend on high until well combined (another minute). Divide among 4 desert glasses (able to hold 1/2 cup).
- Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving beat cream until soft peaks form with a hand mixer or stand mixer (about 5 minutes) and add 1 Tbs sugar. Dollop each cup with whipped cream and top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!