This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m wishing you all a very happy holiday season and sharing some recipes to help you get through winter break, in case you’re short on ideas.
First and foremost – MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy holidays! I hope you have the most wonderful and lovely holidays. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being here and being part of this community.
We’ve been having lots of fun in the kitchen, but even as someone who creates recipes and enjoys cooking, I sometimes draw a blank on what to make. So I wanted to share some cozy recipes and ideas of what to make over winter break (below)
New on the blog:
- 3-ingredient chocolate mousse – a super easy dessert that can be thrown together at the last minute!
- Snowball cookies – an old recipe that I updated a bit and I still love making every Christmas
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – our family update from the past week
- Coconut rum cake – a great holiday recipe or treat when you’re dreaming you are in the tropics
- Hot chocolate mix – also includes how to make a fun hot cocoa bar
- Love List – including some fun Christmas traditions from the team
- Scrambled eggs – this post includes a tip on how to make the softest fluffiest scrambled eggs
- 3 Ingredient banana pancakes – the kids love these, and I love how easy they are!
- Smoothie – the kids love this bright green smoothie (that actually tastes good)
- 5 ingredient danish shortcut -it’s like an easy breakfast cheesecake!
- Eggless waffles – I’ve made this recipe so many times I know it by heart!
- Pumpkin loaf – one of my favorites for a great breakfast/snack/dessert or even a gift. I make this with either gluten free or regular flour, so it’s dietary restriction friendly
- The way I make my coffee (Starbucks copycat) and my coffee creamer)
Soups and starters:
- Freezer butternut squash soup – lost track of how many times I’ve made this delicious soup
- Cheddar bacon ranch pinwheels – great as an app or even a quick lunch!
- Thanksgiving salad – I may have titled this recipe wrong, because I have been making it non stop since November
- Also this easy side salad – one I make all the time
- Have a pizza night!! I did a whole round up of our favorite pizza recipes here
- 5-Ingredient baked parmesan chicken pasta – this is a no pre-cooking recipe, you just put all ingredients in a baking dish and bake, viola, so easy!!
- 5-Ingredient gnocchi with chicken pesto alfredo – so yummy and delicious
- 5-Ingredient parmesan pork chops – these have become a weekly thing at our house. We make them with either pork chops or chicken
- Whole roasted chicken – this easy meal is a rediscovered favorite this year
- Sheet pan balsamic turkey meatloaves with sweet potato fries and green beans – a whole meal on a sheet pan
- You have to make this remoulade sauce, you just have to, it’s SO GOOD, on everything from burgers to veggies (or as a dipping sauce for fries).
- Oatmeal cookie energy bites – everyone (kids/adults) love these healthy energy bites!
- Quick pickled hard boiled eggs – something I always make and keep in the fridge, they’re good as a snack, or as a lunch (on a piece of bread or salad!)
- Caramel pretzel candy bites – super decadent and delicious fun holiday candy recipe!
For New Years Eve:
- White chocolate grape bites – it’s good luck to eat grapes on New Years!
- Champagne rice Krispie treats – fun New Years recipe (and only 5 ingredients)
- Baked brie appetizer (only 2 ingredients!!) or cheesy bacon dip – it’s the best dip ever
If you’re looking for more recipes, we have a great “search” function on the blog, and if you have a cup of coffee and are looking for cool lists – have you read all our Love Lists?
The Final Note
- AAAAHHHH it’s here – I look forward to this all year lol, it’s the snarky review of the William Sonoma catalog
- Klaus Christmas movie on Netflix – I get goosebumps just thinking about it, it is such a beautiful movie! You can check out the trailer here.
What are you most looking forward to during the holidays? Just leave a comment below and let me know!
P.s. Just a last heads-up, the Hint of Salt caramel is almost out and will be taken down Dec. 31st, I’d love it if you got to try this delicious product. Use code SweetPhi for $1 off orders containing Hint of Salt (we are doing a caramel tasting over the break, so we bought a flight of different caramels. It’s a fun activity!!)