It’s high time I shared some Faves & Life Lately 4 with you guys (here are past ones), so many exciting things are happening, and I always love seeing what people are loving and behind-the-scenes, so I hope you enjoy.
- 5 recipes from my 5 ingredient cookbook were featured in the Aug/Sept issue of FamilyFun magazine!
- All the social media sharing #Sweetphicookbook on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer – I am beyond humbled, thank you. Someone wrote on my facebook wall “Hey Philia, we’re 4 recipes in and you haven’t failed us yet!!Everyone needs to order this cookbook. Easy 5 ingredient recipes that are absolutely delicious!” <- left me speechless.
- Kristen from Dine and Dish shared one of the recipes from my cookbook in this amazing post, and took the above picture of her cats paw on the cookbook, it just makes me smile, isn’t it the cutest thing ever? So in love with this picture she took!
- I was at a birthday party and was talking with one of the guests who I had met before in passing – a friend-of-a-friend if you will. She said that she was reading Gina’s blog (SkinnyTaste, which is amazing) and she saw Gina’s post on 5 ingredient chocolate cheesecake cups and recognized my name and then bought my cookbook. It was so sweet, and I loved hearing about how she made several recipes for a family dinner.
- The fact that I can walk into Barnes & Nobles and see my book on the shelves. CRAZY, and so cool.
- HUGE FAVOR to ask -> if you are enjoying the cookbook, would you mind leaving a review on Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble? SO MANY THANKS!! This really helps keep the book seen, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Catching my eye:
- Farm Girl Flowers – their bouquets are the prettiest. period. My bestie Lynn sent me a bouquet as a thank you gift for cohosting the Fresh Coast Retreat, and I gotta say, it brought tears to my eyes. The flowers are just gorgeous , I’ve never seen anything like it, just look at them – this is the actual bouquet I got. Whenever I send flowers now I’ll be using them. Also, they use all-American grown flowers, super cool! This is not sponsored, I just really was in awe of the flowers (if Farmgirl Flowers wanted to send me endless flowers I would not mind one single bit lol)
- Last month my hubby and I went to the outdoor music venue Alpine Valley to hear Dave Matthews Band, the sunset that night was gorgeous. It was so cold though that I had him buy me a sweatshirt, it’s one of the most comfortable sweatshirts ever, and now I wear it around the house all the time (are you one of those people that likes it super cold in the house? I know I am! I would rather wear a hoodie inside in the summer than have it be hot!)
- The Hydraulic Press YouTube Channel – my hubby was laughing and watching a video one day, and I just had to see, I too started laughing – check out this fresh fruit salad – LOL. Now I immediately smile when I see any of the videos and hear their voices – so funny!
- Soooo, my name is Philia, right? Well, growing up you know how there were always bracelets or key-chains or whatever that had peoples’ names on them? Yeah, I remember them because there was never one for me – the closest I came was “Phil” (which is still what my parents call me, lol). Anyway, one day I was listening to the radio and I HEARD MY NAME! I freaked out and was like “what is this amazingness?!” It was the Lumineers’ new song Ophelia – close enough to Philia, I’ll take it. And it’s not a bad song, in fact, I really really love it – and their whole album – highly suggest it!
- This faves and life lately 4 includes meal prepping! This has really been helpful. Yes, it’s annoying to have your kitchen look like a hurricane visited after you spend a few hours cooking on the weekend (I usually try to do it on Sundays) but I gotta tell you – it’s totally worth it, it’s saved me so much time during the week and it’s so nice to have lunches all ready to go during the week.
- In the left picture I made shawarma spiced chicken with garlic yogurt from SkinnyTaste and then made stuffed poblano peppers from Ambitious Kitchen (I used regular cheddar cheese and added ground turkey) and then in the right picture you see the best shrimp and cauliflower fried rice, vegetable frittata and oatmeal cookie energy bites that I’m really obsessed with.
- This chicken shawarma from SkinnyTaste (remember how I just mentioned that I meal prepped it? Well it’s like the 5th time I’ve made it lol). It reheats really well (and I’m weird about reheated chicken so you know it has to be good) and it goes great on salads, along side rice and hummus (I get those 90 second rice packets so easy-peasy).
- On the weekends we’ve been going down by the lake (Lake Michigan in Milwaukee) for a walk (the colors, omg they’re so pretty) and then on the way home stopping for breakfast. I’m really digging it, it just ‘feels’ like a summertime activity and makes me happy.
- Another one of my faves and life lately 4 is that I branched out and tried something totally new – I made Bon Appetit magazine’s recipe for Tuna Poke Bowls. Yes, every dish in my house was dirty and there were multiple trips to multiple grocery stores that were involved, but the end result was really amazing. I’m relying more and more on magazines and Pinterest (are we friends? I’m username Sweetphi) – because all my cookbooks are in storage right now because we’re selling our house.
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Power Greens and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Iced Baileys Coffee Latte
- 5 Ingredient Spinach Hummus Feta Wraps
These are my faves and life lately 4, what are your faves lately? What’s catching your eye? What are you listening to? What are you cooking? Hope you have a wonderful month ahead, and as always, thank you for stopping by.
I basically want to listen to the Lumineers on Lake Michigan while eating your cheesecake cups. Your summer is so awesome Phi! I’m so excited to see what the future brings for you with your new house and growing the blog/brand 🙂
Listening to the Lumineers on Lake Michigan while eating chocolate cheesecake cups – now that’s an activity that needs to happen, sounds like the perfect summer afternoon 🙂 We have to figure out a way to get you here to Milwaukee one of these days to visit – it’s such a great city, and I’d of course love to meet you!!
Amanda @ Cookie Named Desire says
I am loving your cookbook! It’s just so practical and easy. Something you can actually reach for regularly for an average weeknight dinner. You can add a bit more here or there if you want to fancy it up a bit, but the recipes are so good, you don’t need to. As soon as I get some free space in my calendar, I am going to post a review on my blog. (and I will totally amazon review it too!) I really need to get on that meal prep train. Even though I work from home, it is such a time suck to stop and make myself food and messes with my concentration. I love chicken shwarma, so I am definitely going to check out Gina’s recipe now!
YAY, I’m so glad you are loving my cookbook, that’s so incredibly nice to hear, and I would be honored if you’d feature the book on your blog and review it, thank you all around girl!!
What a great post! I love checking out your favs! I will go right now and leave some reviews. We just got back from Cape Cod but I will be posting the feature as soon as I can give it the time it deserves. My kiddos head back to school soon and I’ll have more time on my hands soon enough! Love all you summer happennings! You are one busy girl! ☀️
Thank you SO much for leaving reviews, it really is VERY much appreciated!!! And I’m so glad you’re loving the cookbook, have a great last few weeks of summer 😉
Lynn @ Order in the Kitchen says
Love this post! I always love knowing what’s going on in your life obviously! I love that shawarma chicken…I’ve made it like 10 times…SO good… and 90 second rice is basically my life. Also Farm Girl Flowers are the absolute BEST! The ones you sent me were gorgeous!! Miss you so much 🙁
Thank you so much for stopping by to comment girl, seeing your name totally always makes me smile. That shawarma chicken, it’s like the best, and 90 second rice, girl, you and I need all the help we can get with our busy schedules! Love you and miss you so much – cannot wait to see you in September.
Kay Bastian says
I would love to hear if you have any specialty grocery stores you like in Milwaukee!
Ooooh now that’s a great question Kay! I do have a few I like a lot. Gloriosos for Italian foods, and then on 27th street there’s a store called Pacific Produce that is an amazing Asian specialty store, and then on Miller Park Way there’s a store called Cermak – omg it has the best international selections and absolutely amazing produce. Those are some of my faves 🙂
shawnna griffin says
Hey girl love the post! I am so ready for Fall it’s been so hot here in Oklahoma! crazy- this week it’s supposed to be better but still hot ha! love ya girl!
Hasn’t this summer been super hot? Like WAY hotter than normal? I totally think it has, and I even live in Wisconsin where it’s typically cooler, so I can’t even imagine how hot it must be in Oklahoma! Hope you have a great week.
Ah, we’re in the moving stage too–so stressful to have half of our stuff in boxes already! I’ve kept your cookbook out though, as I know it will be a life saver for cooking meals during busy nights once I start my new job this week. I’ve loved every recipe I’ve made so far–writing an Amazon review now. Congrats on all your well-deserved success, Phi!
Isn’t moving the worst? It totally takes over, I wish you all the best in your move! I’m so happy to hear that you kept my cookbook out, that is so sweet, and I am so grateful for the Amazon review, THANK YOU!!!!!