Have an amazingly delicious and healthy breakfast by making this 5 ingredient vegetable frittata which is full of fresh flavors and takes only 15 minutes to make!
I’ve been making this vegetable frittata since I was recipe testing for my cookbook Fast and Easy Five Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook For Busy People and am totally in love with it because of how easy it is to make. I’m all about helping busy mealtime with inspiration and easy recipes, so if that sounds like it would be helpful, I think you’ll love my cookbook (full of over 100 5-ingredient, easy recipes!)
What is a frittata?
A frittata is just an Italian version of an omelet. I have to say, they are so much easier to make and they surpass omelets in my eyes any day of the week; no flipping or anything like that! They’re great for easy breakfasts!
Frittatas are fantastic for using fresh vegetables in. You can use vegetables from the farmers market, store, or whatever you have on hand. Frittatas are really adaptable to whatever vegetable combination you like. So get creative!
How do you make a 5 ingredient vegetable frittata?
I make a vegetable frittata and then have it for breakfasts throughout the week – they reheat really well!
All you do to cook a frittata is make up the mixture, then bake it in the oven at 400 degrees.
Frittatas are so easy to make, you can even customize this recipe by using whatever vegetables you have on hand. And, if you want even more flavor, pick your favorite meat to add in as well.
Tips for making frittatas:
The biggest tip I’d like to share with you for making a frittata is that instead of using raw onions (which can be a little overpowering in the mornings) try using chives or green onions, they provide the flavor while not taking over the other vegetable flavors!
If you’re looking for other great easy breakfast ideas, here are a few of my other recipe faves:
- Egg cups (my son loves these- the whole family does!)
- Vitamin C boost smoothie (my all time favorite smoothies are these two) or this tropical green smoothie
- Pumpkin loaf (everyone goes crazy over this one)
I’d love to hear from you in the comments section -what is your favorite easy breakfast? Plus, tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer when you make your next Frittata!
5 Ingredient Vegetable Frittata
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium tomato chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh chives finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried chives)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and salt, then add in the chopped vegetables and chives and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and whisk to combine. Pour into prepared skillet and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Quick tip: when I’m running short on time I love to order groceries from Instacart.