I love meal kit delivery services (here’s a comparison I did) and one I’m really loving lately is Home Chef, so I wanted to share an updated review of why I love Home Chef. I’m also sharing a Home Chef discount code for $40 off (use code 40Sweetphi at checkout – more below.)
Life has been increasingly busy lately (follow along with the Catching Up With The Kelnhofers series). I have boy/girl twins and a toddler and value time with my family and husband, a full time “day job” and this blog business. Some days (most days lately) I get home and have about 30 minutes in which to get dinner on the table.
If I haven’t thought ahead or prepped a recipe ahead (like this freezer enchilada casserole or have some waffles in the freezer for a brinner – breakfast for dinner – kind of night) we’d be eating a whole heck of a lot (more) of drive through or pick-up, if it weren’t for Home Chef!
Home Chef is awesome for when you just want all the ingredients delivered to you with a recipe. It takes the guess work out of dinner if you haven’t thought ahead.
They’ve made some awesome changes lately which has really made me love their service even more. So why do I like Home Chef so much specifically?
- They now have Oven Ready meals – Oven Ready meals are no-prep, no-mess (no dishes!). They send the customers everything they need to make a meal including the cooking tray. I feel like I’m still ‘cooking’ but I’m really just assembling stuff. I’ve tried several of their Oven Ready meals and they’re so good! They have at least one Oven Ready with each menu and are always adding more. I have made several of their recipes on repeat after trying them from Home Chef. For example, my recipe for 5 ingredient baked chicken parmesan pasta was based off a recipe I tried from Home Chef. Another recipe I recently tried that I’ve been making over and over is Caesar chicken- it’s chicken breasts, covered in Caesar dressing, panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and on the other side of the pan is broccoli and roasted red peppers mixed with a little olive oil and all purpose seasoning – baked at 400 for 25 minutes. Omg so good!
- Customize It: Home Chef customers can swap or upgrade proteins in many of their meals now (i.e. want steak tacos instead of chicken, that’s easy!). More information can be found on this page.
- Home Chef Express: In addition to Oven Ready meals, Home Chef offers Express meals which are very minimal prep and are ready in under 1/2 an hour.
- Their food tastes really good and Ben loves helping me cook – he says “help” and then he’ll scoot his little kitchen stool up to the counter and I’ll let him stir a sauce or add a topping or something. It’s super cute.
Other posts you might enjoy:
- I tried 6 home meal delivery services; here is my comparison
- The Best Healthy Meal Delivery Service
- Meal Delivery Services are the Best Gift for New Moms!
I worked with Home Chef to get new customers a discount code! Get $40 Off With Code 40SWEETPHI ($30 Off Your First Box, $10 Off Your Second!)
This is not a sponsored post, as always all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. I will receive a small commission if you purchase through my link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands and products which make the SweetPhi blog possible.