These homemade pizza pockets are the super easy to make and a party snack that everyone is sure to love!
Pepperoni and melty cheese in a crunchy crust, yum and yum and YUM, a MUST MAKE for your next party (or for an afternoon snack)!
You may have noticed that on Monday I posted about a green and gold football party. And at said party you may have noticed that on the table between the little Skittle cupcakes and SNICKERS popcorn mix there were pizza pockets, and you may have been wondering, hey, where’s the recipe for those? Today is the day I’m going to share how to make them!
And today is the perfect day, because it’s Friday, and you all know what that means…Five Ingredient Friday time! To make the pizza pockets you’ll cut rounds of pie crust, spread a little pizza sauce on one side, lay a few slices of pepperoni and then sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and then pinch the edges closed and lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Please excuse the mess, I was making these and only had a few minutes to prepare them, so I am lucky I was able to even get a little picture in!
Then you’re going to brush an egg wash on the pizza pockets and bake to perfection and then serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!
- 4 pie crusts I got ones that were 2 per package
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce plus more for serving
- 1 cup pepperoni 45-55 pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Cut pie crusts into circle shapes and set aside (I got about 8-10 circles per pie crust and I used a biscuit cutter)
- Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce on a circle of pie dough, then place 2-3 pieces of pepperoni on top of the sauce and one heaping pinch of mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Take another dough circle and place it on top of the cheese and pinch the edges closed (you don't want the fillings oozing out when baking.) Place pizza pocket on the prepared baking sheet. use a sharp knife and cut a little slit or two on the top of the pizza pocket.
- Repeat with all pizza pockets.
- In a bowl whisk together 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Brush onto the pizza pockets.
- Bake pizza pockets for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then serve with pizza sauce!