These ultra decadent Peanut Butter SNICKERS® Brownies (aka ‘husband brownies’) are perfect for upcoming football season and are part of a compensated shop by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach, but that’s just too general for me, so I say the way to a mans heart is making these Peanut Butter SNICKERS® Brownies AND serving them while he watches football, one of the many reasons these are called Husband Bars:
- Give a man a good brownie, he will fall in love
- Let a man watch football while serving said brownie, he will fall in love
- Give a man some chocolate candy bars during the football game, he will fall in love
- Combine chocolate candy bars and brownies, he will fall in love
- Combine chocolate candy bars, brownies AND his favorite peanut butter cookies, he will fall in love
- Combine peanut butter cookie dough, chocolate candy bars, brownies AND football, you have yourself a husband and #Chocolate4TheWin
Since football season is coming up (seriously, time is just flying this year, where did summer go?) which means lots of last minute get-togethers for game watching, I like to keep some mini candy bars on hand for treats, and since buying chocolate candy in bulk is SO much cheaper at SAMs Club, I bought I giant bag and picked up a box of SNICKERS®
Then what I like to do when guests are over put candy in a jar and put a simple little label on the outside of the jar to theme it up a bit (click here for the ‘Time Out Treats – free football party printable’). You can also use them as labels for your different dishes.
What you’ll need to make Time Out Treats are:
- 5 mason jars
- 1 bag of the 105-count variety bag of MARS® candy bars
- 1 sheet of Time Out Treats – free football party printable
You cut up the labels, put some tape on the back of the label, tape it to the jars, and put ‘like’ with ‘like’ candy into jars and you have yourself “Time-Out” Treats!
Now, we’re going to talk about how to make Peanut Butter SNICKERS® Brownies, aka ‘Husband Brownies’ !
For this I made what is a combination between a blondie and a peanut butter cookie recipe, all in one bowl for the bottom layer, a brownie layer (again, all in one bowl) and then cut up cut up SNICKERS® bars.
Spread the peanut butter batter in the bottom of a pan, then lay the SNICKERS® bars on top and then spread the brownie batter on top!
Then they’re all ready for the the oven
Bake, let cool a little, and cut them and watch your guests (and husband) fall in love!
Just look at them up close! OMG!
Make these heavenly Peanut Butter SNICKERS® Brownies on game day and you’ll be the hostess with the mostess!
And because they’re so decadent, you can cut them into little adorable brownie bites! I made these for my husbands birthday (because hello, they’re ‘husband brownies’ and they were requested) and after I set them out, I came back into the kitchen to get one, and they were all gone, so beware, set these out for a treat, and your guests will eat!
- -Peanut Butter Batter-
- 1 Stick Butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
- -Brownie Layer-
- 1 Stick of butter melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- -Other Ingredients-
- 10 SNICKERS bars cut into 3rds
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter for the peanut butter batter in a microwave for 30 seconds. If its not melted, microwave it for another 30 seconds. When the butter is removed from the microwave and mix in the peanut butter, then the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until creamy. Then add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, and pinch of salt. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together and set the peanut butter batter aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl melt the butter for the brownies for 30 seconds, if it is not melted, microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, then add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract, stir, then add the sugar and stir until creamy, then add the eggs and stir, then add the flour, baking powder, and salt, stir until everything is combined.
- Cut Snickers bars into 3rds.
- Spoon peanut butter batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, then layer the Snickers bars, then spread brownie batter over the Snickers bars.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes (to an hour) and then cut into small pieces and enjoy!