Reason 100 I love my Instant Pot…the fact that you can make a super easy meal, like this 5 ingredient instant pot chicken alfredo in less than half an hour! Yay for easy 30 minute dinners that the whole family will love.
With the help of my Instant Pot, dinnertime is so much easier in our house. This recipe, being only 5 Ingredients AND made in an Instant Pot means is top of the list for easy dinners and of course is a lovely addition to my Five Ingredient Fridays series!
Chicken breasts are one of those things I always have in my freezer. I tend to buy them when they’re on sale and save some in the freezer for a rainy day. So being able to make a hearty dinner using my Instant Pot makes having frozen chicken no problem. You don’t have to thaw the chicken, you can literally put the chicken from freezer (remove the packaging) into your instant pot with a little bit of chicken stock and cook it on high pressure for 15 minutes.
I made this 5 ingredient Instant Pot chicken fettuccine alfredo on my Instagram stories and asked if you’d like to see the recipe, and the response was 100% yes!
All you need for this recipe is chicken (cubed), garlic, olive oil, fettuccine (or whole wheat spaghetti), and alfredo sauce.
When you’re picking which Alfredo sauce to use, there are no rules. My favorite sauce to use is Bertolli, but pick what you love the most. Once you’ve released the pressure on the Instant Pot, let it sit without stirring. This will help the sauce thicken up.
My favorite way to serve this dinner is with a beautiful side of broccoli. The easiest thing to do -and what we do in my house – is use simple veggie steamers bags to get veggies on your plate quickly. Six minutes in the microwave and you’re all set.
If alfredo sauce isn’t your fave, I’ve got you covered with an Instant Pot spaghetti and meat sauce recipe I think you’ll enjoy!
Next time you’re in the mood for a quick and comforting dinner, look no further than this 5 ingredient Instant Pot chicken alfredo recipe!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Baked Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Feta Spinach Tomato Pasta
- Sausage Pasta with Kale and Peppers
5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts about two large breasts, cut into 1-2 inch cubes*
- 8 oz. dry fettuccine or whole wheat linguine
- 1 jar 15 oz. alfredo sauce
- 1 jar water 15 oz.**
- salt and pepper to taste***
- Hit saute setting on your Instant Pot and set timer for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, garlic and chicken to Instant Pot and saute for 5 minutes, stirring only once or twice. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Make sure no chicken is stuck to bottom after sauteing has finished.
- Break dry/uncooked pasta in half and add into Instant Pot
- Empty jar of alfredo sauce into Instant Pot. Refill the same jar with water and add to Instant Pot. Do not stir, sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Seal, and set Instant Pot to 'high pressure' and set timer for 9 minutes.
- Flip valve to release the pressure (quick release) and when pressure subsides, open the lid and stir.
- Divide between 4 plates, top with parmesan and serve with a side of broccoli if desired, and enjoy!
Used in this post: