- 1 Inch Ginger Root peeled and cut
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 small onion peeled and halved
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 can coconut milk I used reduced fat
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup brown rice cooked according to directions, and then add 2 Tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp coriander before serving.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor with a 1/4 cup of water-makes it into a paste. Heat 2 tbs coconut oil and add the paste from the food processor and then all the spices, add the chicken breast and cook until brown. Add the can of coconut milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over prepared brown rice
The puree cooking
The chicken and spices cooking
The wonderful dinner