Since I moved to Wisconsin over a year ago, I have a new found love (obsession if we’re being honest) of cheese! In Wisconsin grocery stores the cheese sections are huge, I love it! I was craving some Macaroni and Cheese, and if you follow this blog, you already know that I love doing twists on Mac N Cheese (Cauliflower Mac N Cheese, Bean Mac N Cheese bean one has been my favorite), so I thought I’d do one with Quinoa, hence the name Quinoac N Cheese! This dish was absolutely perfect…cheese and vegetables and the super healthy super food quinoa for this savory vegetarian dish!
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion dinced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 10 small sweet peppers or 3 bell peppers-red, orange and yellow, diced
- 1.5 cups Quinoa rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp crushed red pepper optional if you want a little kick
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese plus 1 tbs for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese plus 1 tbs for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2-4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350. In a pan heat oil and saute onion, tomato, garlic and sweet peppers. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir in quinoa and cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 Cups of water and salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes
- Beat eggs and ricotta in a bowl, add mustard powder and cheeses. Gently fold in quinoa and vegetables. Spray baking dish with cooking spray, and pour entire mixture in, mixture with red pepper flakes if using, and then sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs. Add a little bit of mozzarella and cheddar that you have left on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving