Made with simple ingredients, these sweet and spicy beef and vegetable kabobs are a delicious, yet super easy to make meal, they’re great for grilling! Beef (steak) and vegetables (mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and tomatoes) are marinated and then grilled to perfection.
Here in Milwaukee, WI where I live, we have really interesting weather.
One second it will be pouring rain, the next it will be blinding sunlight. And while I love all the flavors that come from grilling outside, sometimes that is just not a reality because of the weather. Enter Hamilton Beach’s Searing Grill. This indoor grill is nothing short of amazing.
As soon as I saw the box, I knew I felt like some kabobs, so I created this wonderful recipe for the Hamilton Beach blog, Everyday Good Thinking, to check out the recipe for these amazing kabobs, click here!
The recipe is for beef and vegetable kabobs (some people call them skewers or kebobs).
They’re so easy to make, all you do is marinate the beef and vegetables, then put the marinated beef and vegetables on a skewer (I love these metal skewers) and then grill them!
You could use either a regular gas or charcoal grill, or an indoor grill! This searing grill is small in size and fits onto your counter, but there is nothing small about the amazing seared flavor it gives to food grilled on it. Food made using the searing grill literally tastes like it was made using an outdoor grill, and because the temperature gets so high, it leaves those beautiful charred grill marks!
Next time you’re looking for a delicious beef and vegetable kabob recipe, look no further that this amazing one!!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound beef sirloin chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion halved, then sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup button mushrooms whole (about 8-10 small mushrooms)
- 4 large or 8 small metal skewers
- Start by combining all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl (olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic salt) and whisk.
- Cut the beef into 1-inch size cubes and place into the marinade.
- Cut peppers and onion and put them in the marinade, put the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in the marinade and stir to combine so that marinade is covering all the vegetables. Let marinate for 15 minutes, or overnight (with plastic wrap covering in the fridge if marinating overnight).
- Turn searing grill to SEAR setting (or use your gas or charcoal grill!)
- Take a skewer and arrange marinated beef and vegetables in alternating order on the skewer. (I like to start with beef and then do onion, pepper, tomato, beef, mushroom, pepper, onion, beef, etc.) Repeat until skewers are full and all meat and vegetables are used.
- Place skewers on the searing grill and close the lid. Let grill for 5 minutes, then with tongs flip the kabob, cook for another 5 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let sit rest/cool on a plate for 5 minutes before serving.
This post and giveaway (ended, winner notified June 2015) was sponsored by Hamilton Beach. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible. All thoughts and opinions are as always mine alone.