This week’s meal plan is heavy on all of our favorite taco and Mexican-inspired recipes. Cinco de Mayo is next week and we want to make sure you have plenty of meal options!
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- You can store this muesli in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- A great gluten free recipe option
- You could grill the chicken, if grilling the chicken, I would recommend leaving the chicken breasts whole and not slicing the chicken into small pieces.
- This recipe makes two big salad bowls, or four small ones if you’re eating something else on the side.
- This is my favorite waffle maker!
- To keep the waffles warm while the others are cooking, preheat oven to 250° and when the waffles are done in the waffle iron, transfer them to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven.
- I froze the waffles we didn’t eat, I let them cool to room temperature and then put them in a zip lock bag and froze them.
- To reheat remove from freezer and microwave in 30 second intervals until warm (mine usually take a minute and a half)
- I used a mild chorizo (no picante) and a sharp cheddar for this recipe, but you could choose a pepper jack cheese or spicer chorizo if you want more kick to the recipe.
- You can also use any kind of breakfast sausage you would like. Bacon would be great! Or even a plant based sausage.
- After you make your burritos, you wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Then when you need lunch, you just take it out of the freezer and microwave it!