If you’re on the hunt for the best quick and easy chicken tacos with pineapple salsa recipe, you’ve come to the right place. These chicken tacos are super delicious and topped with a delicious pineapple salsa and are ready in under half an hour!
I’m all about quick and easy dinners, and I’m all about tacos. I love tacos whether it’s the best ground turkey tacos, Korean beef BBQ tacos, or slow cooker chicken tacos, there’s something about tacos that I never grow tired of.
I had some fresh pineapple and was craving a good fruit salsa (I love this watermelon salsa in the summertime) and this recipe came together. I’ve made it numerous times now and just absolutely love how quick and easy these chicken tacos with pineapple salsa are!
How to make the best quick and easy chicken tacos with pineapple salsa and variations:
- Cut chicken into strips (helps them cook faster) and add seasonings
- You can marinate the chicken, or just stir up the ingredients and cook it right away
- You can cook the chicken in a skillet (I like a cast iron skillet to really get the brown color/flavor) or grill it (don’t cut it into little strips if grilling)
- You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- You can use pineapple or mango for the salsa
- You can use corn or flour tortillas (I prefer flour tortillas for this recipe)
- You can use green onions instead of cilantro
These tacos are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. I love that I can marinate the chicken in the fridge ahead of time (if I remember or have time) or make the chicken right away. Either way, these chicken tacos are super flavorful.
Next time you’re searching for a chicken tacos recipe everyone will enjoy, pick up the ingredients for these amazing quick and easy chicken tacos with pineapple salsa. They’re super flavorful and sure to become a family favorite!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Steak Tacos with Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- Easy Sweet Chili Fish Tacos Recipe
- Steak Fajita Tacos for Two
Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- For the chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken (or chicken thighs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juice of lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- For the pineapple salsa
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/4 large red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped (seeds removed if you don't like it too spicy)
- dash of salt
- 8 taco shells
- Cut chicken into small strips*
- Put chicken in a bowl and add all ingredients (olive oil, juice of 1 lime, salt, garlic salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika) and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes (or marinate up to overnight in the fridge.)
- While chicken is resting, make the pineapple salsa.
- Combine fresh pineapple pieces, chopped red onion, cilantro, juice of 1/2 of a lime, jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine, and put salsa in the fridge while cooking the chicken.
- Cook the chicken in a cast iron skillet over high heat, allow chicken to brown before flipping it (about 3 minutes per side).*
- Warm tacos according to package instructions.
- To assemble the tacos: add a few pieces of chicken to the taco shell, top with a few spoonfuls of pineapple salsa and enjoy!
What’s your favorite quick and easy meal to make? Let me know in the comments below!