If you need a recipe to impress but don’t have a lot of time, this 4 ingredient hot honey butter is a great place to start! Compound butters sound like they would be complicated, but we promise, this recipe couldn’t be easier.
This butter is a compound butter – simply, a flavored butter. Flavored butter is such a simple luxury that is so easy to make, yet manages to amplify anything you eat! In fact, see how you can make a simple herb butter here.
We promised an easy recipe and what is easier than only 4 ingredients!?
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
- Hot sauce
- Red pepper flakes
You can decide exactly how hot you’d like to make this butter by adjusting hot sauce and red pepper flakes. The amounts we use are right in the middle of the road; a perfect little kick, but nothing too outrageous!
You’ve probably heard of hot honey as it has really risen in popularity as of late. If you’ve never tried it, this is a great brand to start with, but did you know that you can also make it super simply!?
What is hot honey made of?
- All you need is two basic ingredients – check out our super simple recipe here. In this hot honey butter recipe, we also add hot sauce to amp up the flavor a bit! But, as we mentioned, adjust as you see fit.
If you’re not sure how to serve this hot honey butter (or any compound butter for that matter), it’s one of those things that is great to have on hand to simply serve with bread or pretzels. You can even add it to a charcuterie or snack board. Or even, a butter board!? (Have you seen that trend happening now too!?)
5 Ingredient Hot Honey Butter
- 6 teaspoons honey room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes adjust if you prefer it more spicy
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- Mix all ingredients. Allow to cool in refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- At a certain point, the butter will not take any more honey.