If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe that everyone in the family will love, look no further than this 5 ingredient skillet pizza pot pie recipe. It seriously comes together quickly and I want to make it on repeat for a warm, comforting dinner.
I was inspired to make this recipe by something I remember seeing in a magazine way back when. Sometimes inspiration strikes at the most odd times! Nick was a little skeptical at first, but once he tried it, he loved it and wanted me to make it again. And all three of the kids loved it too!
Recipes with only five ingredients, especially those that are ones probably in your refrigerator or pantry, are the best! They are easy to put together and save you from having to run out to the store.
To start making your skillet pizza pot pie, brown your ground beef. To save on dishes, I highly recommend doing this in an oven-safe skillet. I like to use this Le Creuset oven-safe skillet, but it is a bit of a splurge! Any oven-safe version will work.
After your meat is browned, it’s time for tomatoes. You can buy canned diced tomatoes with garlic and onion (which is what I do), but if you only have plain tomatoes on hand, add in some extra garlic for that extra touch of flavor.
And next comes the cheese! We like to pile it on. It helps make it extra ooey and gooey and more cheese is always a Wisconsin kid’s favorite.
Once all of those delicious ingredients are in the skillet, it’s time to seal it all in with the pizza crust. It’s easiest to just use a pre-made pizza crust for this one, but you can choose to make your own by using my recipe for fail proof pizza dough.
Throw it all into the oven and bake until it is a beautiful golden brown. It only takes 12 minutes!
Once it’s out of the oven, allow it to cool for 5 minutes, slice a nice piece and enjoy!
Just look at how delicious that looks! Get to cooking your very first 5 ingredient skillet pizza pot pie recipe and I promise you won’t regret it. You can also find other 5-ingredient recipes as part of my 5-ingredient Friday series!
5 Ingredient Skillet Pizza Pot Pie Recipe
A comforting, 5 ingredient meal that is easy to put together and everyone in the family will love it.Print Rate
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. each), with garlic and onion drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 pre-made pizza crust dough (13.8 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cook the ground beef in an oven safe skillet (I use a 10-inch LeCreuset one), breaking up the meat as it cooks. Cook until no more pink remains (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add to the skillet the diced tomatoes, gently stir. Add the cheese and put the crust on top.
- Gently press the crust around the edges, folding any corners under/in.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until top is starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy!
- You can use pre-made pizza crust or you can make a homemade pizza crust.
- The oven-safe skillet I use is a LeCreuset, but you can find a more cost-effective option that works great as well!
- I use diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, but you can certainly use plain diced tomatoes and add some garlic.