We could all use some extra energy, right!? Grabbing a quick bite when you’re running around is the best way to eat a bit healthier. To help you do that, we’re sharing 7 of the best protein bites!
These energy bites are great for prepping ahead of time and enjoying when you’re on the go.
A few quick tips for baking protein bites:
- Use a cookie scoop to make even size balls, then roll with hands
- Let your energy balls refrigerate for an hour or over night (and store in the fridge) this will allow them to come together
- Use a good food processor. I use this food processor, it really makes a difference texturally
- If you’re not a fan of dates, we’ve got you covered! Dates typically serve as a great sticky agent to bind everything together, but in the absence of dates, honey or maple syrup work great. Check out the recipe to see how to make your very own energy balls without dates – and fee free to get creative with your favorite ingredients.
- Another one without dates that is perfect for the peanut butter lover out there! The recipe calls for collagen powder, but if you don’t have any, you can always substitute for flaxseed meal or additional almond flour. Plus, you can substitute in various nut butters and enjoy this dairy free, gluten free snack!
- There are so many things to love about this recipe – it requires no baking, the recipe is gluten free, vegan and whole30 compliant. And if that’s not enough, there are no added sugars in this 5 ingredient recipe.
Chocolate hazelnut date energy bites
- When you can combine a simple 3 ingredients and have a recipe this tasty, why wouldn’t you!? Plus, these bites are high in dietary fiber, antioxidants and potassium.
Peanut butter pretzel energy bites
- A 5 ingredient recipe that’s sweet and crunchy! And, yet again, you can use any nut butter that you’d like to make this snack that tastes like a great piece of candy. Yes please!
- We love a recipe that doesn’t require any baking, and these no bake energy bites are no exception. They’re sugar free, gluten free and vegan. We love that if you’re craving an oatmeal cookie, these bites will help curb that craving in no time!
Cherry chocolate chip energy bites
- Yet another no-bake version that is super easy to make. These bites are the perfect blend of sweet dates, tart cherries and rich chocolate.
These protein bites that give you the perfect amount of energy when that afternoon slump hits are easy to make and can be prepped ahead of time!
Leave a Reply