This no bake cookies recipe (collagen protein snack bites) is so so so good! They are made with cashew butter and collagen protein powder and are the perfect collagen protein snack bites! I promise you, they’re healthy, but they taste like a really good cookie!!
I kept wanting to incorporate collagen protein powder into my daily routine, but I just couldn’t stand the taste/texture. It’s supposed to be ‘tasteless’ but I feel like I could always taste a slightly meaty collagen flavor (how gross does that sound!?) I’ve tried it on yogurt (on top and mixed in), in soup, smoothies, coffee (multiple kinds – warm coffee drink, blended coffee drink), I just didn’t like it.
Taking collagen protein powder helps with:
- joint health
- muscles/bones etc.
So I knew it was really something I wanted to find a way to enjoy it!
Then two things happened. 1. I saw someone add collagen powder to their energy bites and I recently tried cashew butter. Cashew butter is slightly sweeter than almond butter or peanut butter (although either could be used in this recipe). I thought the cashew butter would be great as an energy bite (similar to these no bake coconut date energy bites), so I tried that. But because cashew butter is slightly more drippy than other nut butters, the energy bites turned into more of a cookie recipe, which I then added some collage protein powder to and modified into these amazing cookie collagen protein snack bites that I’m sharing today!!
What ingredients are used to make these no bake cookies?
- Cashew butter – a newer ingredient to me that I’m loving working with. You can buy it at the grocery store by the other nut butters or online (plain or a cinnamon vanilla cashew butter would work great)
- Coconut oil – this oil is used when you’re looking to make recipes a touch more healthy
- Maple syrup – this is used as a sweetener in these cookies
- Vanilla extract – a quality ingredient makes the difference here. I like to use this one.
- Almond flour – again, almond flour is a great alternative to using regular refined flours. I like this one.
- Flaxseed meal – another ingredient packed with health benefits (filled with nutrients, omega 3s and more!).
- Collagen protein powder – the main ingredient and reason I created these cookies. This is packed with healthy benefits!
- Cinnamon – just a touch of cinnamon to give the cookie a little kick of spice.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – you’ll melt these and use them to top the cookies.
- Flakey sea salt – an optional ingredient that I always love to add to the top of my cookies.
I am so happy I found a delicious way to enjoy collagen protein by using this no bake cookies recipe – collagen protein snack bites. This recipe makes 12 cookies.
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 2 Tbs. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbs. flaxseed meal
- 2 scoops collagen protein powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 tsp. flakey sea salt optional
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips and sea salt in a bowl.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, place on a wax paper lined plate. Create cookies/snack bites and slightly flatten into cookies.
- Either drizzle or spread a little chocolate on each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for an hour or until slightly set.
- Store in the refrigerator