This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, fall is on the horizon (despite the warm weather we’re having) so I’m sharing some recipes I can’t wait to make and a few cozy fall finds for your to wear or add to your office!
Fall is on the horizon – I mean, at least that’s what I was hoping, but it’s looking to be 85-90 degrees this weekend! So regardless of the weather, I am dreaming of cozy, tasty fall flavors that I can’t wait to dig in to.
- Pumpkin chili biscuit bake – only 5 ingredients and everything you’re looking for in a fall dish.
- Pork tenderloin with cranberry – made in an Instant Pot and with only 5 ingredients.
- Freezer butternut squash soup – one of my favorite soups to make and keep in the freezer
- Almost no stir risotto – so much easier to make than standing over the stove stirring the whole time.
- Sausage and rice casserole – a one-pot dinner that’s a great weeknight meal.
- Chicken spaghetti casserole – make this in a pressure cooker for a super quick dinner
- Fire roasted tomato pot roast – nothing says fall like warm, fire-roasted flavors….and slow cooker meals!
- Easy chili con carne – an easy chili that you can make it in a slow cooker or Instant Pot
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com:
- Cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole – 5 ingredients, comforting and easy to make
- Weekly Meal Plan – make your week easier with plenty of recipes and complete, easy-to-make grocery list.
- Back to School Dinners – when the days are way too busy to even think of dinner, I’ve got a group of good ones compiled for you!
- Love List – weekly finds from the SweetPhi team.
- Potato Soup without Bacon – sometimes I’m craving a potato soup without meat and this one is it!
- I made a big batch of ground turkey taco meat this weekend, so glad I did because it was a crazy week and easy tacos was just the answer! Ben even picked paper plates, saving us dishes!
All about easy dinners like sheet pan pizza – check out this reader comment about my recipe:
- “Today I was looking for a thick pan crust because my husband likes that and my usual go to is just a regular crust. All the ones I found called for 8 hours minimum time. Unfortunately pizza is a last minute dinner for us so that wasn’t going to work. I made yours and the bad news is that I’m pretty sure my yeast wasn’t good. I used it anyway so my dough didn’t rise but I’m still sold on your recipe! The dough was so easy to work with whereas every recipe I’ve used in the past leaves me a little flustered. But not yours, plus it completely covers the pan. Thank you! I’m bookmarking your page.”
A good cookie re-creation will always top my list and this one is no exception.
- Shout – this spray is basically the only thing that actually works at getting stains out (and there are many with little kids); they treat me like a human napkin, so this stuff is so handy. We grew up using this spray, so it’s a trick from my mom 🙂
- Enjoying The Heart Principal by Helen Hoang (which is book 3 in the Kiss Quotient series!!)
- Trip to the apple orchard – this weekend we took a nice long walk to the apple orchard store near us. The kids loved it, and of course we had to get some apple cider donuts – so good! When we were sitting there eating donuts, another family sat down behind us. Ben started talking to the kid, and was just TALKING, chatter box and would not stop. The twins then proceeded to crane their necks and just STARED at the other family lol…awkward.
- Sick babies – the kids get sick and pass it to one another, this week the twins were sick (thankfully not Covid) but just one of the million little childhood sicknesses they’ll get. It’s so sad when they’re sick. Freddie just fell asleep in the living room mid playing on a chair. He didn’t eat anything all day, and then ate 4 pieces of toast and was like a whole different kid!
- Frankie’s school day – because of above mentioned sickness going around, it was just Frankie I took to school one day, and it was such a fun little morning – she got a little puppichino (just a little whipped cream in a cup) at Starbucks and I got a coffee, fun little treat time. And she picked out her outfit and bows!
- Library crafts – the local library has just been the most amazing thing ever lately. They give packets of coloring pages and little paper crafts for kids. This week the kids colored and Ben made a caterpillar. Ultra washable markers are still my favorite invention ever because of how messy the kids are.
Just a reminder, we have an amazing meal plan that we publish weekly, every Saturday. With each plan, you’ll get 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and a treat… And, a super easy to create grocery list.
In this week’s meal plan, I’m sharing one of my favorite smoothies and my must-have blender that I use to make it.
- Did you know there’s a new season of Brooklyn Nine Nine? It also happens to be the last season! I’ve always been a big Andy Samberg fan, so I’ve loved this show!
- The weather is definitely starting to finally get a little cooler, it must be because I’m digging this sherpa sweater (only $19!!) and this chair liner looks amazingly cozy!
I loved all the responses last week letting me know how your week was going! This week I’d love to know if you’re doing anything to transition to fall or are you excited for any fall activities? Apple picking? Starbucks drinks? Pumpkin recipes? Just leave a comment below and let me know!