Are you wondering what a BELTCH breakfast sandwich is? Well, it’s simple, a beltch is a bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and hot sauce sandwich and is a great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
A BELTCH breakfast sandwich is made up of a few simple ingredients:
- Hot Sauce
The name is funny, but the sandwich is serious. Nick and I actually saw the name ‘Beltch’ on a menu last year and it stood out to me. It’s a funny name, so it was memorable, I’m not even sure if how I make this breakfast sandwich is how it’s supposed to be made, but I loved the acronym was funny.
This isn’t your average flimsy breakfast sandwich; it’s hearty. I mentioned it above, but we enjoy it for any meal of the day. It’s actually a great last minute dinner when you have nothing else planned!
At the start of the week, I just make a big batch bacon so we have it on hand whenever we want to throw this sandwich together. I like to bake my bacon in the oven. A few simple steps on how to cook bacon in the oven:
- Place bacon on a cold cookie sheet, put in the oven and then set the temperature to 375
- Let bacon cook for 20 minutes or until brown and crispy to your liking
- You could also microwave your bacon between paper towels until it’s done (only 3-5 minutes)
For the egg, I like to pan fry it over easy. I just heat 1 tsp. of butter of medium heat and drop the egg in! Once you have your egg and bacon done, it’s time to pile it high!
If pan-frying isn’t your style, these sandwiches would also be super good with a pickled egg.
BELTCH Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices bread (we like using a hearty sourdough) toasted
- 1 big leaf Lettuce, romaine (spinach is good too)
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- 1/2 tomato (fresh)
- 1 slice cheese sharp cheddar or pepper jack
- 1 egg fried
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Place bacon on a cold cookie sheet, put in the oven and then set the temperature. Let cook for 20 minutes or until brown and crispy to your liking.
- Put 1 tsp. butter in small frying pan and crack egg. Cook until preferred temperature. I recommend over easy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pile ingredients on the bread!
- Place lettuce, bacon and tomato on a slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt. Add a piece of cheese and fried egg.
- Drizzle hot sauce over it and cover with the other slice of bread.
Excellent sandwich! I followed the recipe exactly and really enjoyed this breakfast sandwich. Thanks for the easy recipe!
You’re so welcome, so glad you enjoyed this recipe!