This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I am excitedly jumping into fall and, this week, fall baking – aaalll things pumpkin!
Finally the cooler fall weather has arrived and I am loving it! With its arrival, I started thinking of all of the amazing, tasty pumpkin recipes I can’t wait to start baking!
Here are just a few I’ll be making soon:
- Pumpkin loaf – seriously the best! (and a Starbucks copycat recipe!)
- Two pie options:
- Pumpkin spice latte cookies – even better than the drink itself!
- Mini pumpkin muffins – perfect for a snack or breakfast
- Pumpkin overnight oats – only 5 ingredients and another great fall breakfast
Also – I’m not the biggest fan of the traditional PSL (pumpkin spice latte) at Starbucks…HOWEVER…they came out with a drink called Pumpkin cream cold brew…SO GOOD. Definitely not to be confused with a pumpkin spice iced coffee, which Nick accidentally got me once, it was not good lol.
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com:
- French Peasant Bread – if you never thought you could make bread, you must try this recipe! It’s a no-knead and super easy-to-make bread.
- Meal Plan – making meal prep easier and helping you make easy grocery shopping lists while we’re at it!
- Minestrone Soup with Parmesan Croutons – hearty, affordable and easy to make. Plus the croutons are a game changer!
- Slow Roasted Chicken Tacos – low and slow chicken with the perfect radish slaw = the best taco!
- Love List – weekly finds from around the web
- We made lots of banana pancakes this weekend with our overripe bananas (these pancakes only have 3 ingredients in them!!!)
- I was talking to Nick about weird cool foods from college, and I told him about this bagel cart (Winstons) that would just be out from 9-3am. I went to SIU carbondale for undergrad. Anyway, I then couldn’t stop thinking about it and recreated it, so good!!! There wasn’t a lot online about it, but I found a picture of the ingredients – put it all on a bagel and YUM!
- Plain bagel, toasted. Butter on one side, cream cheese on the other. Onion powder, sunflower seeds, raisins, bacon bits, ground cinnamon, cucumber and apple slices. Enjoy!
This pumpkin loaf is a recipe that I always get tons of comments on – here are a couple of my favorites!
- “Once again I made this and it came out perfect! It is so delicious. Let me know if you have any other quick breads such as banana that are just as good. Thank you!”
- “Oh so good! So moist, and just yum! Thank you for this recipe!”
- I loved seeing this reader prep meals for the week (and more!) with my recipe for beef and zucchini burritos.
- We have SO MANY different bottles, and to clean them, check out this awesome bottle brush cleaner set (only $6!)
- Just finished The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang, it was really good, but I felt the ending fell a little flat, it just kind of petered out…did anyone else think this? I’ve read so many rave reviews of this book. Maybe it’s just me.
- I forgot that I had ONE more book I hadn’t read from my listening list last year called All Adults Here and I gotta say, I’m loving it. The narrator has a really calming voice, and it just seems different and intriguing.
- One of my favorite authors, Laine Moriarty came out with a new book called Apples Never Fall and I’m the waiting list at the library, cannot wait!
- Weekend walks to the apple store – Last week I told you how we went to an apple orchard store near us, well we did it this weekend again! So fun to pack up the kids in the wagon and walk and then have apple cider donuts!!
- Teaching high fives – Ben taught Freddie how to give a high five, and it was just about the cutest thing ever!
- Growing bump and lounging on mom – my baby bump is GROWING! I feel huge, still have 9 weeks to go, but whoa. It’s getting tougher for the kids to sit on me, but they make it work lol.
- Frankie growing – I feel like the twins have made the transition from baby to full on toddler. I mean, just look at Frankie!!! Wow!
Just a reminder, we have an amazing meal plan that we publish weekly, every Saturday. With each plan, you’ll get 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and a treat… And, a super easy to create grocery list.
- I just came across this TED LASSO BISCUIT RECIPE … I’m going to make them this weekend!!!!
- LulaRich – fascinating story of the MLM (multi- level marketing) company and the way they grew. There are a lot of sad undertones of power dynamics and how the owners took advantage of people.
- A few years ago we went on a Northern Michigan family vacation and discovered American Spoon Jams/Preserves/Mustards/Spreads – their stores we visited were charming, and their products were SO GOOD! Highly recommend stocking up on their best sellers (especially their Sour Cherry Preserves) – as they make a great gift (just gift a jam or mustard with a bag of pretzels and boom, food gift right there!!
I mentioned those bagels from college and the jams from a trip to Michigan. I’m from Chicago which is known for deep dish (my first job was actually at Lou Malnatis!)… so I’d love to know…is there any food specific to a region or time in your life you’ve come across that brings up memories? Just leave a comment below and let me know!