This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers I am so excited about 2020! I have a full year of amazing content planned for SweetPhi.com. I’m sharing some great, healthy recipes and all sorts of fun products, memories and what I’ve been reading and watching.
New on the blog: new posts on the blog this past week
- Healthy Recipes for the New Year – a great roundup/list of recipes for your healthy new year
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – the latest!
- Baked BBQ Chicken and Avocado Salad – so good, and only 6 INGREDIENTS!
- Prosciutto Fig Arugula Flatbread – this is such a good dinner, but also makes a great appetizer!
What to Make
Well, it’s the New Year and I’m sure so many of us are trying to eat more healthy! I don’t think salads always get the love they deserve, so I’m sharing a few of my favorite delicious salads to make in 2020!
- Greek chickpea salad in a jar
- Grilled chicken green goddess cobb salad
- Spinach salad and dressing recipe
- Steak and nectarine salad
- Rainbow salad with blood orange dressing
- Yogurt lemon chicken and feta salad
I love this comment on one of my favorite recipes. The whole bowl and tali sauce recipe is so beautiful to look at, healthy and especially tasty!
- “Thanks so much for this recipe! I used to live in Portland and LOVED the Whole Bowl, I probably went there weekly! I made this recipe tonight and it brought me right back!”
Things I love
- Plant update: Nick got me a Monstera plant from Amazon for Christmas because it is a good indoor plant for low light. I put it in my office, unfortunately it is too cold in there because the leaves got brown spots, so I had to move it into the living room where it was warmer, and the brown spots went away.
Products I’m loving:
- Oh Snap Pickling Co. – their packaging is great for no mess and an on the go snack
- Reusable sandwich bags – I got two of these as a Christmas present. I’ve been eating/enjoying sandwiches for lunch (link to DIY sandwich bar and the ham and Swiss sandwich) and this has been great. I’m definitely trying to get away from using so many disposable sandwich bags.
Links from around the web:
- Have you guys seen the “Haters Guide to the Williams Sonoma Catalog?” It is seriously SO funny! Please take some time for yourself and ENJOY!
- Travel and Leisure Magazine posted an article about “The 50 places to Travel in 2020“. #22 is the Great Lakes! I have a number of travel guides for cities in and around the Great Lakes – check some of them out below:
- I am focusing on skincare this year and I got this set for Christmas. OMG it’s amazing, I feel like I can already notice the difference.
- I’ve also gotten a lot of recommendations for this Tula set.
- New York Times came out with their yearly article: Our 50 Best Recipes of 2019. I love this because they also talk about (well they show the top 5 then link to the 50) Overarching theme: recipes that are fast and easy without sacrificing a little excitement…speaking of fast and easy…do you have a copy of my cookbook Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook For Busy People?
I listen to my books driving to work or when I’m folding the laundry or cooking….I used to look at all these lists of books people were reading and feel like a failure as a mother/person and I wanted to change that. Then I discovered Audible. People are always asking me how I’m so on top of it and this is how!Audible!
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang. “From the USA Today bestselling author of The Kiss Quotient comes a romantic novel about love that crosses international borders and all boundaries of the heart.” I loved The Kiss Quotient and I’m about 1/4 way through this book and really enjoy it. It’s a fun romantic book. The only odd thing is the narrator seems like she’s heavy whispering which is a little odd, so maybe I’d recommend reading it vs. listening to it.
- Next on my list: Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, just finished the season, man-o-man do they leave the seasons with cliff hangers, don’t they!?
- Ben helped me make pizza – we made my sheet pan pizza, it was so so good
- I look Ben to Fresh Thyme – they had a whole ‘kids station’ where kids could pick out a free healthy snack while we shopped. I’ve heard that Whole Foods also has this, what a great idea!
- We took a family trip to Target – the trip ended with Ben wanting to ride in the bottom of the stroller LOL. The stroller just has a mesh net at the bottom that’s not meant for a toddler, but we let him ride in it because it’s so sweet.
- This is what our floor looks – definitely boy mom
- Some of our Serbian Orthodox Christmas celebration – Merry Serbian Orthodox Christmas.
- It was Serbian Christmas, Ben did not quite understand why he couldn’t open all the presents we had gotten for Nick’s family. He cried and it was so sad and cute.
- I got to have Serbian potato salad (it’s a vegan potato salad and is so so good)
- I took Ben to the Milwaukee Domes and had such a great time on our mom/son date. We got a family pass to the Domes from my sister in law, and oh my goodness I cannot wait to go back again and again. Also, it was such a nice non-stuff gift (we have so much ‘stuff’)
- Ben is so cute with the twins, he was rocking them and showing them Christmas ornaments at Nick’s uncles house
- Working from home days, Ben definitely wants to be in my office, it’s very cute!
I’ve uploaded a brand new video on my YouTube channel, see it here – and I’d love if you’d subscribe to my channel!
How is your year starting off? Just leave a comment below and let me know.