This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-23, I’m talking about how I’m staying on track with eating out less, giving you guys a final Nordic gnome count and sharing my favorite kitchen products that I use with Ben. Cooking with him is my fave because I feel accomplished, but I am also spending quality time with him. A win-win!
New on the Blog:
- Prosciutto, Fig and Arugula Flatbread – this flatbread/pizza is soooo good, makes a great dinner or fun appetizer
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers - the latest
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Risotto - loooove this Instant Pot recipe, I may or may not have eaten it all when recipe testing
- Work Snacks Roundup - a recipe roundup for work snacks!
What to Make:
I am trying so hard to make meals ahead of time so we’re not eating out/ordering take-out during the week. Freezer meals help me stay on track big time, so here are a few of my favorites!
- Chicken enchilada casserole
- Egg cups
- Smoothies – so many smoothies!
- A roundup of all of my favorites here
I love hearing fun tips on what you add to my recipes, like this reader who added delicious veggies to my freezer chicken enchilada casserole.
- “My husband asked if I could please make this recipe again. I added chopped zucchini and green pepper to the mix and use a rice mix of brown rice, wild rice, and quinoa. Thanks for great recipes.“
Products I’m Loving:
- Every time I post Ben helping me cook, I get questions about what we’re using. I bought him kid safe knives (these ones) and they actually work but are still kid safe – such a good purchase!!
- I also get a lot of questions about the kitchen stool I use with Ben. It’s the Guidecraft kitchen helper stool. The color we have is ‘natural.’
- I got this Aveda hair brush from a friend and feel like I’ve never ever had a better hair brush!!!!!
- Nick sent me this “Ikea Husbands” link and I about died laughing, it’s so true! “Have you seen my wife? Gorgeous, 5 foot 3 inches, pushing a cart full of stuff we don’t need”
What I’m Reading:
- I finished reading The Bride Test by Helen Hoang. It was such a cute love story. I couldn’t stop listening because I wanted to know the ending so badly!
- Just started Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo. I’m not too far in, but so far, so good!
- Next up is Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. I found a list from The Everygirl of 10 books to read in 2020 and this one sounded interesting. It sounds like it’s going to be a funny, lighthearted read!
What I’m Watching:
- Nick and I just started the latest season of The Good Place. I love this show and I love Kristen Bell. I know a lot of people love it and we are definitely fans!!
- Ben has started singing Jingle Bells at the dinner table. He really belts it out and it’s so adorable.
- We put away our Christmas decorations and I did a gnome count. The final count……40!
- We are trying to potty train Ben. It is not going great! Right now, we’re trying to use a chart with stickers and if het gets enough stickers, he gets a toy.
- I’ve always wanted to start a cookbook club and we had our first one! We used the Small Victories cookbook. The cookbook club is myself, Erin from Well Plated and Abby from Heart of a Baker. The first was one super fun and I can’t wait to do it again. We each cooked a dish from the book, everything was good!
- I made eggless waffles with Ben…for the millionth time! He just loves waffles so much.
- My sister got Ben these adorable pajamas from Children’s Place.
- I love my work from home day. Ben always sneaks into my office. This week he was sick so he just made a little bed and laid in my office to be near me. So sad, but also adorable! I love being able to sneak in some extra time with the kids.
Have you put away your Christmas decorations yet? Just leave a comment below and let me know!