This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-24, I’m so excited to share all of the fun things I did with my bestie when she came to visit me in Milwaukee, I talk about some of my favorite recipes using an Instant Pot and Air Fryer and tell you about a book that I am loving!
I’ve gotten so many people telling me they got an Instant Pot or Air Fryer for Christmas (yay!). I have both and love them, so I thought I’d share my favorite Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes. Keep reading on to see. Do you have either? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Each Friday, on Facebook, I ask my followers a question of the week and I absolutely love reading the responses. Recently, I asked if anybody had ever cooked in an Instant Pot and if there were any recipes they’d like to see. I got a lot of requests for soups and any simple recipes, so keep an eye out for more of that to come in 2020. One of my favorite responses was about a cheesecake recipe made in the Instant Pot, which was actually one of my biggest fails of 2019 – read about it here!
New on the Blog:
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad – a healthy chicken salad option that makes for a super easy lunch.
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – shared some of my favorite kid-friendly kitchen products.
- How to Make Sweet Potato Puree – amazing food to feed babies and use again in dishes for adults!
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – one way to use that tasty sweet potato puree
What to Make:
It only makes sense to share some of my favorite Instant Pot and Air Fryer Recipe. If you’re just getting used to using your Instant Pot or Air Fryer, give these ones a try! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know how they turned out.
- 5 Ingredient Crispy Cheesy Air Fryer Chicken
- Air Fryer Falafel Bowls
- Cuban Air Fryer Empanada
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Risotto
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Chili con carne
- MORE Instant Pot recipes
In fitting with the theme of the newsletter, I’m sharing a comment on my 5 ingredient air fryer empanada recipe:
- “Great recipe and easy to make. Made it for a Mexican themed party last night. Received rave reviews! Will definitely make again.”
Things I’m Loving:
- I love using meal delivery services and one of my favorites is Home Chef. They already have oven-ready meals, where they send you the whole meal and the tray to make the dish in the oven. I love this option. But, on top of that, they just introduced slow cooker meals! And they have ready to go salads. So many great options. Use code SweetPhi100 for $100 off your first four orders ($25 off each order!) or code 40Sweetphi for $40 off your first two orders ($30 off your first and $10 off your second)
- Another favorite meal delivery service of mine is Sun Basket. It is a little bit pricier but everything is organic and delicious! You can check out my full review here.
Products I’m Loving:
- In the fall, I shared a few of my fave mom essentials and I’m currently using this cup every day. I love using it for my iced coffee but it is also perfect to carry around full of water.
- I love a good planner and the one I have been using this year is the Nourished planner, which was created by Heidi from Foodiecrush.com
Links from around the web:
- I love using this Air fryer cookbook from my friend Gina at Skinnytaste.com. I made and shared the chicken piccata recipe from the book, sooooo good!
- We made chocolate chip cookies from Gimme Some Oven – they have twist ingredient, but were super tasty. I would definitely recommend eating them on the same day that you make them.
- Every year, I love looking through the Shepherd Express Best of Awards and the 2019 winners were just announced.
- I’ve been listening to a podcast by Noah Kagan, on of my favorite people! As an author, I loved this episode.
What I’m reading:
- Currently reading: Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo. It makes you feel empowered and like everything can be figured out (hence the title everything is figureoutable), I’m loving it!!
- Next up: The Hideaway and I cannot wait – it sounds nice and has some really good reviews!!
What I’m Watching:
- Kevin Hart Dont F*ck This Up on Netflix – Ok, first of all, Kevin Hart is not for everyone. I’ve had two people recently tell me now that they don’t like him. But, I like him, so I’m enjoying this. It’s incredible to see how hard he works behind the scenes. Reminded me of the Avicii documentary I had seen where these incredibly talented people work so so hard (this one had a sad ending), but the Kevin Hart one was just fascinating to see what he’s built and how he works on his craft and where he came from.
- This past weekend my best friend Lynn came to visit me with her daughter, all while being super pregnant. We cuddled with the twins, and then took the older kids outside to have a snow day and build snowmen. It was so cute. They live in Charlotte, NC where there isn’t a lot of snow, so her daughter hadn’t experienced snow like here in Wisconsin before. I think it was a little overwhelming with Ben running around and so much snow. We asked her if she wanted to get out of the sled we had her in, and she just politely looked at us and said “no” every time we asked, lol. So she watched Ben and I build a snowman, then Ben wanted to build a mommy snowman so we did, it was so so so cute…but they both fell over before I got a chance to take a picture of both of the snowmen.
- Then the next day we took the older kids to the zoo and then out to lunch.
- Not going to lie…I felt like we were super moms, and it was a good feeling!
- We had a fun family pizza night with pizza from Mod (they make individual artisan pizza). And p.s. Freddie is really wanting food – he reaches reaches reaches anytime food is around lol.
- We had a ‘Milwaukee’ breakfast hot ham and rolls and donuts from Grebes when my friend was here.
- Ben and Nick went to get hair cuts, Ben grabbed a broom and started cleaning up lol!
- Late night trip to Target for diapers and wipes, hashtag momlife.
- I love my work from home days. Ben is my little office mate, he knows he has to be quiet when I’m on the phone, and he actually is! This week he played with his fake money. He sat at the desk and counted it, and then put it on and under a pillow he brought into the room.
- Freddie holds his bottle – it helps out so much and is the cutest thing ever…plus he really wants food lol and keeps grabbing at our plates.
Did you know the SweetPhi has a YouTube channel? Our latest video is featuring one of my favorite cakes!
I’d love to know if you have an Air Fryer or Instant Pot and what you love to make. Just leave a comment below and let me know!