Have you ever heard of King Aurthur Flour? Well, they have amazing products. They also have recipes come up on their blog, and this one came across my radar, so I decided to make my version of their Gluten Free Pasta. It was insanely delicious, and I can now say I have MADE MY OWN PASTA! Sounds fancy shmancy. This recipe was really easy and tasted so good.
- 1.25 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Tsp Xantham Gum
- 4 egg yolk plus 1 egg white
- 2-4 tablespoons Water
- 1 carton Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 carton fresh mozzarella balls in water
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs Mediterannean Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut tomatoes in half, line a baking sheet with aluminum, place cherry tomatoes on lined baking sheet and bake until roasted (about 15 minutes)
- For the pasta: in a food processor using the pulse feature, pulse together the flour, xanthan gum.
- Next add the egg yolks and egg white and pulse
- Then one tablespoon at a time add the water and pulse between each tbs.
- Then knead the dough into a smooth ball, and allow to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes
- Now is the rolling out part, which was extremely easy. Just sprinkle a little gluten free flour on a cutting board and roll with a rolling pin. Then you can cut it into any shape you want. I went with long stripes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the fresh pasta in for about 4 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- Combine olive oil and sea salt and regular salt, then chop the mozzarella balls in half.
- In a big bowl combine pasta, fire roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, and pour olive oil and mix. Finish off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy
Gluten Free Pasta dish ingredients