Use your Instant Pot to make this insanely delicious healthy instant pot creamy chicken gnocchi soup the whole family will enjoy.
Ok, so something you should understand about my household: soup is not considered a main meal by all adults.
BUT, I put that theory to the test when I made the best healthy instant pot baked potato soup, and, even furthermore put to the test when I made this healthy instant pot creamy chicken gnocchi soup.
Both soups have been enjoyed as main meals, and even repeat requested!
Lately, I find myself having less and less time to make dinner, and thought of getting lots of pans dirty in the process makes it even less appealing. One setting I recently discovered on my Instant Pot is the saute setting.
It’s awesome, you can saute and then add other ingredients in and a few minutes later (literally, that’s all it takes) you have yourself a meal! And there’s potato gnocchi, YUM!
I made this recipe after having a wonderful text conversation about favorite soups and the wonders of the Instant Pot (albeit being scary when you first take it out of the box, I promise that after running the text run, you’ll be more comfortable…I do admit I still jump a little when I move the valve from sealing to venting and the steam releases).
This soup uses milk and cornstarch to give it a nice cream texture and is full of incredible flavors that come together in 10 minutes in an instant pot, you’ll love it and be enjoying it for cozy meals all winter long.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 ingredient Chicken Gnocchi with Alfredo Pesto
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Healthy Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 cups milk can use any kind, I used 2%
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large carrots diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 celery stalk diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small white or yellow onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme I like using fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package 17 oz dry potato gnocchi
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a bowl mix together the milk and corn starch, whisking until incorporated. Set aside, but whisk before adding into the soup at a later time.
- Select the Saute setting on a 6 quart Instant Pot and pour in the olive oil, then add in the diced carrots, celery and onion and stir occasionally for 3 minutes, then add in garlic, basil, salt and thyme and stir, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, milk and cornstarch mixture, chicken breast, potato gnocchi and spinach and stir to combine, scraping down the sides of the pot.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure release to Sealing. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the Stew or Poultry setting and set the cooking time for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, turn the valve from Sealing to Venting to release the pressure. This will make a hissing sound and the steam will come out which takes a few minutes. When it is done releasing steam, open the lid and stir.