This healthy instant pot gnocchi soup with chicken is made in an Instant Pot to make an insanely delicious recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Ok, so something you should understand about my household: soup is not typically considered a main meal by all adults.
BUT, I put that theory to the test when I made the best healthy instant pot baked potato soup, and, even furthermore put to the test when I made this healthy instant pot creamy chicken gnocchi soup.
What ingredients do you need to make chicken gnocchi soup?
- Corn starch
- Olive oil
- Celery stalk
- White or yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Dried Basil
- Chicken broth
- Chicken breast
- Dry potato gnocchi
- Baby spinach
I am happy to report now that soups have been enjoyed as main meals, and even repeat requested!
Lately, I find myself having less and less time to make dinner, and thought of getting lots of pans dirty in the process makes it even less appealing. One setting I recently discovered on my Instant Pot is the sauté setting.
It’s awesome, you can sauté and then add other ingredients in and a few minutes later (literally, that’s all it takes) you have yourself a meal! And there’s potato gnocchi, YUM!
What are the benefits of an Instant Pot?
- My absolute favorite part of an Instant Pot is making soups because they only take a fraction of the time and not much prep work.
This soup uses milk and cornstarch to give it a nice cream texture and is full of incredible flavors that come together in 10 minutes in an instant pot, you’ll love it and be enjoying it for cozy meals all season long.
Other recipes you might enjoy similar to this chicken gnocchi soup:
- 5 ingredient Chicken Gnocchi with Alfredo Pesto
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 cups milk I used 2% but you can use any kind you'd like
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots large, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 celery stalk diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 onion white or yellow , small , diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme I like using fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 dry potato gnocchi 17 oz package
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a bowl mix together the milk and corn starch, whisking until incorporated. Set aside, but whisk before adding into the soup at a later time.
- Select the Saute setting on a 6 quart Instant Pot and pour in the olive oil, then add in the diced carrots, celery and onion and stir occasionally for 3 minutes, then add in garlic, basil, salt and thyme and stir, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, milk and cornstarch mixture, chicken breast, potato gnocchi and spinach and stir to combine, scraping down the sides of the pot.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure release to Sealing. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the Stew or Poultry setting and set the cooking time for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, turn the valve from Sealing to Venting to release the pressure. This will make a hissing sound and the steam will come out which takes a few minutes. When it is done releasing steam, open the lid and stir.