If you’re looking for a filling breakfast that is both delicious and fun to make with kids in the kitchen, these oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are exactly what you need!
Muffins are such a great option for a quick breakfast when you’re on the go or even a great snack to enjoy any time of day. And because these are packed with oats, they are filling!
What ingredients do I need for oatmeal chocolate chip muffins?
- Oats – quick cooking or old fashioned work
- Oat bran – you can also use oats if you don’t have oat bran
- Plain yogurt
- Grape-seed oil
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips – I use semi-sweet
This muffin recipe is one of my favorites because it makes 12 muffins – not an odd number like 16 or 18. When muffin recipes don’t call for an even 12 – 24, I’m always frustrated and wondering which muffin tins would be best to use when I’m baking, ha!
This recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip muffins is just a classic, delicious muffin recipe that our whole family loves. Nothing too fancy, nothing too difficult, but just the right amount of sweetness that I love to enjoy alongside a cup of coffee in the morning.
Chocolate chips make everything better if you ask me, but if you would like to try something else, this recipe would work great with raisins or even dried cherries. Or any mixture of those items!
And if you need even more muffin recipe inspiration, check out some of my other favorites here!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup Oats quick-cooking or old fashioned
- 1/4 cup oat bran you could use oats if you don't have oat bran
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or other neutral oil like vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients into large mixing bowl. Combine.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Use a large scoop to scoop batter into a muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 for 23-28 minutes until golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.