These sweet, salty, quick and easy One Bowl Salted Caramel Blondies are perfect for any summer party (or just any party or gathering in general!)
They’re super easy to make, taste absolutely yummy, and cleanup is a breeze!
Do you ever get invited somewhere and volunteer to bring something and then your mind goes completely blank on what to make or bring? This happens to me all the time, and I even have a food blog for Pete’s sake, so something delicious is expected. When I’m having one of those moments, my mind always wanders to these one bowl blondies…sweet blondies topped with ooey gooey caramel and a then the perfect complimentary saltiness from the sea salt. They’re always huge hit. They’re my fancy-yet-easy-go-to dessert. So let’s get started.
In a microwave safe bowl (and this is the only bowl you’ll be using) melt the butter a little, then add all the ingredients besides the toppings, mix, and spoon into a foil lined square baking dish (again, cleanup will be a breeze because you’re lining the baking dish with foil). Add the toppings, bake, and voila, delicious one bowl blondies!
What I love about this recipe is that it is so adaptable. Don’t have any caramel sauce on hand? Not a problem, use chocolate hot fudge sauce, peanut butter, chocolate chips or any type of candy, and top with sea salt.
- 1½ sticks butter 3/4 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- For the topping:
- 4 tbsp caramel sauce I use ice cream topping caramel sauce, Smuckers brand makes a great one called Spoonable Caramel Sauce and comes in a glass marmalade looking container
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl that will be big enough to hold all the ingredients, put the butter, then microwave it for 30 seconds to soften it (you want it melted a little and easy to work with, it may need an additional 30 seconds.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl that contains the now melted butter (flour, eggs, sugars, vanilla extract and pinch of salt) and stir until everything is combined.
- Spoon blondie batter into the foil lined baking dish.
- Spoon caramel sauce over the blondie batter in four rows or streaks, then run a butter knife through the lines to make the marble lines and bring the caramel into the batter a little (this isn’t necessary, you can just spoon caramel sauce over the top of the batter). Next, sprinkle the sea salt on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven; let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the blondies to a cooling rack (do this by lifting the edges of the aluminum foil). Allow to cool and then cut into squares, and watch them disappear!
I also shared my One Bowl Salted Caramel Blondies as a guest post over at Sarah’s Cucina Bella