This recipe for delicious sweet and spicy iced tea chicken and veggies is made with Lipton Tea & Honey – Pineapple & Mango and has the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! You can enjoy a glass of iced tea while grilling your dinner making it #TEAriffiPairs and is brought to you because I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
Summer picnics, barbeques, vacations, family get togethers…what do all these things have in common (aside from being awesome of course)? They’re all things that get scheduled on our calendars and things that keep us busy in the summertime. So when I find things I love that fit into my busy schedule and taste yummy, I’m all in. This is exactly what happened with this recipe. I was drinking a glass of Lipton Tea & Honey – Pineapple & Mango Iced Tea and I looked down at my glass…I looked at the chicken…I looked back at my glass…and boom, this Sweet and Spicy Iced Tea Chicken & Veggies was born #TEArifficPairs !
In the summertime I’ll always have Lipton “Fresh Brewed” Iced Tea in the house, it’s just such a refreshing and delicious drink. What I like to do is just add a little bit of fresh fruit to it (like adding a few lemon or orange slices to it) and then serve it over ice (super fancy, I know!) On trips it is always my drink of choice, and during any of the summer months, chances are, if you’re betting on whether or not you’ll find an empty iced tea bottle in my car, I’d bet for it!
I actually came across the new Lipton Tea & Honey line when I was shopping and there was a cute demo cart that had these adorable squeeze bottles, where you can add the liquid to water, and also To-Go packets. I purchased both the squeeze bottles and the To-Go packets (and these to-packets…yeah, I now have them in my purse so I can have iced tea on the go!!!)
I’ve recently been on a huge grilling kick, so as I was preparing dinner that we were going to grill, I spontaneously added some Lipton Tea & Honey – Pineapple & Mango to the marinade I was making and absolutely loved the end result. It was the perfect sweet tang to the spicy and smoky marinade.
Start by setting out your ingredients:
Then let the chicken marinate
Then cut up veggies and pour remaining marinade over the veggies:
Then grill the deliciously marinated chicken and veggies:
And grill some more until everything is done:
Then enjoy…and enjoy you will!
You definitely need to try this delicious sweet and spicy iced tea chicken and veggies!
- For the marinade:
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 packet Lipton Tea and Honey-Mango Pineapple (.13oz)
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 1 lb Chicken breasts
- 2 Russet Potatoes, sliced
- 2 Red Peppers, each cut into 4s
- 3 Carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 Red onion, cut into pieces
- Start by making the marinade. Pour olive oil and water in a bowl, then add all the other spices and seasonings and stir.
- In a bowl put the chicken breasts and pour ½ of the marinade over the chicken.
- In another bowl place all the veggies and pour remaining marinade and toss a few times to make sure all the veggies are covered.
- Light a charcoal grill and let it get ready for grilling.
- In a grill pan start grilling the veggies (because you have potatoes and carrots you'll want to start the veggies first). After 10 minutes, turn the veggies a few times and then put the chicken on the grill. Let grill for 10 minutes, flip and grill for another 10 minutes, then move the chicken to indirect heat (the back of the grill ) and let cook for another 5-10 minutes until the veggies are done.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!