I love doing these highlights/failures posts every year (2020 post, 2019 post). It not only gives me a chance to look back and see what recipes are resonating with you and what you are cooking, but it also allows me to laugh and share some of the recipe fails and share a peek behind the scenes. So without further adieu, top SweetPhi recipes of 2021 – with highlights and failures below!
Top recipes of 2021
- 5 freezer meals (no pre cooking required, just prep and freeze)– this post is one I use all the time. I LOVE the Mediterranean pork, it’s especially good on pitas! And the shortcut chili – yum!
- Peanut brittle without a candy thermometer – easy, delicious, great as a food gift!
- Red skin sour cream potato salad-if you’re looking for the best potato salad for a side, look no further!
- Seasoned oyster crackers– oh my goodness, these! A runaway hit, and I know why, because they’re just so delicious!
- Air fryer beef tenderloin– an easier, better way to make beef tenderloin is in the air fryer!!
- Air fryer turkey breast recipe-not just for Thanksgiving, this air fryer turkey breast is great to make for sandwiches or a healthier comforting dinner recipe!
- Coconut rum cake– light and fluffy and reminds me of the tropics!
- Energy balls without dates –if you’re looking for energy bites/energy balls without dates, look no further, this is the recipe!
- Breakfast tacos – super easy and filling, with only 5 ingredients!
- Crispy from frozen broccoli – by far my favorite broccoli side dish recipe, I’ve personally made this one dozens of times over the past year!
Those are some of the top viewed recipes, these are three that almost made the cut, and ones I make all the time!!
FAILS – While I wish every recipe I tested/created was a runaway success, some never even make it out of the kitchen and on to the blog, here are two funny examples:
- Coconut flour pancakes – these were just disgusting, they were crumbly and didn’t taste good!
- Shortbread slice and bake cookies – they didn’t quite come together for the slicing part, so I thought let’s try it in a cake form. Nope, they were still a mess!
Leave a Reply